PayPal donations: [email protected] ×
Extremeagile

Dell Latitude 7490 - OpenCore Bootloader - Buggy Trackpad - Support Request

I followed the OpenCore laptop guide provided by dortania.github.io which has worked splendidly well, however I am encountering some issues with the trackpad. The cursor's movement is jumpy. When moving the cursor, or when taping to click, the cursor often jumps to a different position on the screen. Has anyone encountered a similar issue before and can provide some pointers, or has some idea of what's up here?

SPECIFICATIONS:

DELL Latitude 7490

CPU model - Intel Core i5 Kaby Lake-U/Y

OS Version - Mojave 10.14.6

VoodooI2C - v2.4.2

VoodooI2CHID - v1.0

INSTALLATION DETAILS:

Using Rehabman's hotpached SSDT-XOSI and have applied the _OSI to XOSI Rename patch to my config.plist file (see https://dortania.github.io/oc-laptop-guide/prepare-install-macos/setting-up-input-devices.html for links/details).

Oddly enough, the trackpad works perfectly under Clover, using Hervé's bootpack. Is there someway of transplanting the relevant sections from this clover bootpack into my vanilla opencore installation?

TROUBLESHOOTING ARCHIVE:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1A3n1v9XQ_yzHsY__6bo2Y4Ltr0toZ1cl

Make sure to use the same version VoodooI2C* from Hervé files, newer/ different version seems to cause the jumpy movement you mentioned.

Tried this using VoodooI2C V2.14 and VoodooI2CHID V1.0 (copied from Hervé's files) which fixes the jumpy cursor problem but comes with a different problem: laggy cursor movement - which is even more bothersome and frustrating. 

I've also tried various other VoodooI2C versions (between V2.14 and V2.4.2) which generally result in one problem or the other. 

FYI, with version v2.14, you still need to disable the Intel I2C driver from loading

I'm not sure if that is required for OpenCore, you'll just have to test on your own.

Ah yes, Intel I2C does show as being loaded in IORegExplorer. I removed AppleIntelLpssI2C.kext, AppleIntelLpssI2CController.kext and AppleHPM.kext, reloaded kext cache, and sadly the problem sticks. I also tested an alternative opencore configuration using a custom GPI0, and no SSDT-XOSI file but the results are largely the same. Might try an upgrade to Catalina tomorrow and pray that will solve it.