Dell Latitude E5470 -TrackPad

Maxd13

Hello,

Sorry in advance because I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but I couldn't find it yet.

I'm and happy user of a E5470 on Catalina, but I can't yet sort out the Trackpad logic and right Kexts, right now I have the Trackpad as a mouse so I do not have any gesture.

Depending if I use the ApplePS2Controller.kext or the VoodooPS2Controller.kext I get different result on the PrefPan for the track pad , could be "blank" or could be "No trackpad found" 

I have tried as well the ApplePS2Smarttouchpad.kext but again no success.

I have build up this EFI with information from different website, so maybe I'm having incorrect setting and overtaking Kexts ..??

Can any one can guide me to set the trackpad with the right Kext or right actions ?

Can any one have a look to my EFI, and maybe advise if thing need to be clean up or adjust ?

Thanks in advance

Max

download_2020-06-15_12-04-24.zip

• Moderators

You can remove the following kexts:

• AppleIGB
  • AtherosE2200Ethernet
  • RealtekRTL8111
  • AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA
  • FakePCIID

As for touchpad, you currently using ApplePS2Controller.kext which is a generic mouse kext but it does give you some gestures. You can scroll with 2 fingers up and down. You can tap to drag, 2 fingers tap to right click. The only issue it has is that you'll have to tap twice to enable CapsLock and twice to release or thrice to enable and 1 to release. "No touchpad found" is find, there's nothing you can adjust to make it any better.

This system has an Alps touchpad, so if you're using Rehabman or acidanthera's VoodooPS2Controller or Dinesh's ApplePS2Smarttouchpad, they are for Synaptics touchpad mainly. You need to go with Dr. Hurt's version of VoodooPS2Controller which is developed for Alps. With that said, you can try VoodooPS2ControllerR6.kext compiled by Bronxteck, but it's not fully supporting v7 of Alps. You might have to tweak the fingerZ a little to your liking.

But even with this Alps kext, you'll still have the same basic gestures as ApplePS2Controller. The CapsLock is fixed and you'll have side scrolling as well and it'll show up in touchpad preference. Most the functions you see in the preference pane won't work, so don't expect anything more.

Hello Jake Lo,

Thanks for the answer !

I feel Okay with the ApplePS2Controller, it's working fine. I just miss the gesture "Swipe between full-screen apps" but I think I can do a keyboard shortcut for that, or if you have any know trick to share :-)

I will clean up the Kexts that you mention thanks.