Latitude 7400: trackpad issues

MatiWaldi

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I see it now. I made mods to your original Config without checking it clearly. You 2 wrong entry in ExecutablePath for VoodooGPIO and VoodooI2C

You have Contents\Plugins\VoodooGPI0 and Contents\Plugins\VoodooI2C, where they should be Contents\MacOS\VoodooGPI0 and Contents\MacOS\VoodooI2C

Here's the corrected config, give it a try

config.plist.zip

After testing a last config file from you (wasn't working also) I made some changes for paths, then i get problem with voodooPS2Mouse and VoodooPS2Touchopad. I disabled two of them and succesfull booted to system and discovered that touchpad is working and visible in system. Success... almost. when I touch the surface once, system recognize it as a double-touch (and double-click). I checked system prefs and if I disable Touch for click option then I'm disabling it totally. Any ideas?

• Moderators

Copy the VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID from your Clover OC. Seems the newer version is not stable for your system. You might have to enable the 2 kernel patches for disabling AppleI2C by Coolstar.

As for the VoodooPS2Mouse and VoodooPS2Trackpad, you can restore it in the Config and replace the VoodooPS2Controller from your Clover as well.

Looks like the version I attached has them removed in plugins.

OK, with old kexts I get "Kexts\VoodooI2C.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooInput.kext\Contents\Info.plist is missing for kext VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooInput.kext ()". I fixed that, and touchpad is visible in system, but not working at all... Logs not shows what is going on... By the way, that sineteck kext what you gave me for Realtek 525 card reader also not work, but it's not so important ;) 

Below 2 ioreg files. with kext version 2.4.2 where i have double-click instead of one-click. Second one is 2.2, worked on clover with added voodooInput, but this time, touchpad somehow is working properly... I don't know what is going on...will try to restart and check how it is going after restart. I also noticed that I have some ACPI errors during boot, something with GPRW method... I dont know it is much important or not...

I2C 2.2 clover.ioreg I2C 2.4.2.ioreg