PayPal donations: [email protected] ×
Sign in to follow this  
Gemini44

Dell OptiPlex 3070: USB trouble with OpenCore (Catalina)

Recently, I started using opencore and clover bootloader together. I have set up the USB ports with hackintool but I have problems too. Connecting an SSD disk and a mouse to the front USB 3.0 ports at the same time, then disconnects the ssd disk (also back usb 3.0 ports). I think it's more like a usb power problem. I am sending both the error files and the Clover and Opencore efi folder attached. I used this file for opencore bootloader and thanks to @ace3 and @Jake Lo

I'm using Apple usb cable numeric keyboard so far i dont have any issue. 

I'm also using BCM94360CS2 WI-FI BT with m.2 adapter without using kext. WI-FI is excellent but when I use the apple magic mouse with bluetooth it sometimes gets very slow and laggy and i don't know why (Is USB power problem too?).

I hope @Jake Lo can help. Thanks.

debug_22487.zip OC_Clover_EFI_26_09_2020.zip

Hi, for the USB power issue, can u use another tools to remapping the USB. like USBMap , and try if the problem occured too. i can't tinkering again, since i already sold my 3070.

for the wifi BT, yes, you will get the issue, it's called macos wifi bt coexistence issue, since both using the 2.4Ghz frequency.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201542

my solution for this is:

1. purchase wifi extender , i am using tp-link brand, and using the LAN cable to connect to my PC.
  2. if needed, i'm using the 5Ghz frequency for the WI-FI, disable when not in use.
  3. If i need to using the airdrop, i just enable the WIFI, but not connecting to any wireless network, and do the AirDrop thing.

also, maybe you can try this

https://fcbrossard.net/blog/yet-another-mac-bluetooth-interference-with-wi-fi