E6220: no audio output in High Sierra 10.13.6

Ahmadfini

Hi,

I recently upgraded my E6220 with i7-2620M from Sierra to High Sierra (as a fresh install on APFS). I followed both Herve's and Jake Lo's installation guides for the E6220 but I am having issues getting the audio to work. I have tried using different and the latest versions of Lilu and AppleALC but have had no luck.

I am using Herves DSDT file (from here) with my own generated SDST and currently a combination of both Herves and Jake Lo's config.plist as I had issues with the integrated webcam which is now working (bear in mind even using the original config.plist from both guides separately audio was not working).

Surprisingly the microphone is working and the audio switcher is working and not disabled.

Does anyone have any ideas I could try? Or maybe a full reinstall is needed?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 18.43.51.png

f95d03799dc64ac0f94f046ce658b03f.png

config.zip

• Administrators

Surely, it couldn't be just that! More likely some mistakes or conflicting settings given that OP stated he's mixing 2 x different set of configs and, ouch!, that set of kext patches!

@Ahmadfini start by removing those AppleHDA patches... Can't understand why you made those ACPI  & Kext patches changes. Rest assured the config posted in my guide  works 100% for all E6220 as long as you follow the posted process.

No luck using your config.plist and kexts, everything still boots fine but sound don't work unfortunately

Does the nvram.plist have any effect on this? I do see some settings relating to sound in there (SystemAudioVolume set to YA==    and    SystemAudioVolumeDB set to YA==)

Sorry I should also mention that I am dual booting with windows and sound is working fine there

Ive just done a fresh install using Herves guide, using a new installer and brand new installation file from the AppStore and I still unfortunately dont have sound, is there anything else I can do to debug?

IIRC when I had installed sierra a few years back I had to use a the patched AppleHDA and was wondering if theres anything similar I might need to do here