Dell Latitude E5470 output hdmi port dont work

nardov

Thank you Jake Lo, it works with your EFI (thumbs up)

Keys on the keyboard for brightness level doesn't work for me. Also when turn of the display, I'm not able to turn it on again, black screen?

Wifi is working but after every restart it can not connect to wifi...every time I need to put the cable and then it works.

This is my first hackintosh, and basically everything works fine (I've needed to kill the win 10 partition, as it wouldn't boot the mac os).

One more thing, boot last too much, on my mbp 13 from 2011 it last for a couple of seconds.

Thanks!

• Moderators

@biker972

Are you using Fn+F11 and Fn+F12, assuming those are the Fn keys. If you have the Fn locked, then it's just F11 and F12. Does Fn+B /Fn+S work?

What do you mean when you turn off / on the screen? You mean external monitor?

I assume you're using the Intel Wifi...it's still on Beta so you can't expect too much there. Swap out with a compatible device like DW1830 / DW1560 /DW1820A

You can dual boot, but you'll need to select Windows Manager from the Bios F12. Add OpenCore to BIOS boot option and select the priority of which you want to boot as the default.

Boot time can be shorten by removing the verbose mode. Also with the Intel kext, I noticed it does increase boot time, but less than a min is really good.

I've tried with with Fn+F11/F12 it doesn't work..What do you mean with Fn+B/Fn+S? Nothing happened when press those combination.

Turn of the laptop display, for example going into sleep, or turn of the display after 5 minutes. I think when put in sleep it actually doesn't go to sleep, only display is turned off without possibility to turn it on.....need to press power button to force shutdown.

Wifi is not a big problem, it works with turn off/turn on.

I'm quite noob in hackintosh world, so not sure what you mean by Intel kext (where to put it and where to download it)?

• Moderators

@biker972

The behavior you described sounds like system might have a dgpu. Post IOReg file using IORegistryExplorer.app v2.1 to confirm.

If you have the Intel wifi and use the Config-IntelWifi.plist, the Intel kext(Airportitlwm.kext) is already included hence your wifi is working.

Hey Jake,

I used your EFI posted on the previous page and it is working very well, though I came across a USB issue.  If I plug in USB 2.0 drives, they are recognized fine but USB 3 drives fail to be seen by the system.  Got any thoughts outside of going through a USB remap?  Thanks for all of you help with the community.

-Krummer

• Moderators

I looked at a bunch of IOReg files for different E5470's and they all look different. Best you do your own USB Remap by using Hackintool. Then post your new IOreg so I could compare. I don't own this system so can't do the mappings for you.

Post your current IOReg file, maybe it's similar to the other's I have seen

9 hours ago, Jake Lo said:

@biker972

In deed it has an AMD graphics card and it's not supported. Add this SSDT to ACPI folder and declare it in the Config file under ACPI/Add

This should fix the issues.

SSDT-Disable-DGPU.aml.zip 953 B · 1 download

Thank you Jake, this works perfectly, no issues anymore with black display.

Still left to solve Fn+F11/F12 doesn't work for brightness, and don't know how to make system font a little bit bigger....anything rest works