Latitude 7285: Need assistance to setup OpenCore for Big Sur

lfrey

Looking to the dxxdiag result I saw Alps Touchpad but I'm not sure it's a I2C touchpad or a PS2 Touchpad.

Windows device manager says HID compliant mouse on I2C HID Device but in the dxdiag the hid compliant mouse is located in ps2

Ethernet is a Realteck usb-c adaptater : RTL8153 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

Wifi looks compatible 😃 the 8265 isin the  MVM Gen 1 (IWM) compatibility tab from openintelwireless.github.io

I know how to get a usb with big sur on it but I don't know how to configure OC for my latitude

DxDiag.zip

• Moderators

Have you try to see if it'll boot to the installer?

The rest can be tweak once MacOS is installed.

Looking at your kexts folder, you'll need voodoops2Controller for keyboard

If you have I2C touchpad, adding voodooI2CHID is not enough, you'll need to add VoodooI2C as well.

RealtekRTL8111.kext is for internal Ethernet, not sure you'll need it for the external USB-C adapter. Should be usb based and should work OOB.

Well only one way to know is to check it after you have successfully install and check IOReg

I replace all my EFI folder by this one but I didn't get the open core menu to show off.
So I put back mine EFI and replace only the BOOT folder for start =>ok I can see back the opencore boot menu but that's not helping.
Then replace the ACPI folder by yours an reload the config.plist with ProperTree => Still IOConsoleUsers error

Replace the kexts folder with the properTree reload => got stuck still near IOConsoleUsers error
Replace the config.plist by yours again with properTree refresh => the only boot choice now in the OpenCore menu is Windows.

If I put all your EFI and replace part of the config.plist :

from<key>Misc</key>..<key>Boot</key> to the begining of <key>Entries</key> =>
I'm able to see the opencore menu but stuck at an Lilu error now. Don't know if it's progress or not =/

2630FB32-7040-4081-A94D-5998B88E40EB.jpeg

I add -igfxvesa in both efi folder yours and mine, still a Lilu error in yours but with mine the GUI pop out but no keybord, trackpad.

So I remove the igfxvesa in order to test for a proper acceleration config
I change macbook 10.1 to pro 14.1(with mlb everythink) and change the AAPL,ig-platform-id value to :

00001E59 -> 00001B59 ->00001659 => stuck near IOConsoleUser everytime

• Moderators

Graphics is not loading. You'll most likely need to set DVMT.

Change SMBios back to MB10,1 and ig-platform-id to 00001E59

Add attach modgrubshell.efi to drivers folder and to Config file under drivers, set it to enable

Boot to OC Picker, if modgrubshell does not show, then press the spacebar.

Select it to boot

At the grub shell, enter these 3 commands. You should be able to boot to graphics acceleration with -igfxvesa

Setup_var 0x795 0x2
 Setup_var 0x4ed 0x0

reboot