Bluetooth does not appear to be working. D430

apple_core

Yesterday I attempted to pair my D430 running the July 12 bootpack and EDP v396 with an older Motorola cell phone (to possibly tether internet from the phone.) I was never able to see the cell phone from the D430 nor could I see the D430 from the cell phone. I even tried to pair (both ways) my iPhone to the D430.

I did make the D430 bluetooth discoverable. I made both phones discoverable as well.

Would someone confirm that bluetooth does indeed work on the D430 running Lion 10.7.4 and the bookpack/edp I listed above? Do you have any suggestions on where I should start looking for the problem?

Thanks.

• Administrators

I recently found out that, on my D630, I needed to re-enable the BT radio from within Windows to be able to use BT within MacOS. It seems that the enabling/disabling of the radio is stored somewhere in flash on the BT adapter (it's not in the BIOS, that's for sure) and that Mac OS does not access that flash.

If you can check with Windows (XP or 7) and, eventually, enable the BT radio if disabled, you may find your fix.

I recently found out that, on my D630, I needed to re-enable the BT radio from within Windows to be able to use BT within MacOS. It seems that the enabling/disabling of the radio is stored somewhere in flash on the BT adapter (it's not in the BIOS, that's for sure) and that Mac OS does not access that flash.

If you can check with Windows (XP or 7) and, eventually, enable the BT radio if disabled, you may find your fix.

I only have an OS X partition. No Windows!