7490 Update from Big Sur to Monterey

VRdP

Hello,

I downloaded @Jake Lo's EFI on this post:

Booted on Big Sur in order to perform a system update, but with that EFI folder the WiFi does not show any network to connect to. Is it possible that the kexts are not for Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265?

If that is the case, can anybody let me know which kexts should be deleted from @Jake Lo's EFI folder and which ones added?

Thanks in advance!

VRdP

Thank you for your help @Jake Lo.

I was able to update my Latitude 7490 to Monterey, the WiFi is working fine.

The only thing that has stopped working is the touchpad and the only way I found of using the laptop is an external mouse. Is it possible that its kext/s has/ve changed?

Can anybody please help me showing me which kexts from @Jake Lo's EFI to remove and which ones should replace those?
Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

@Jake Lo one additional comment: in order to be able to install Monterey with the online installer, I needed to change one entry on the config.plist file:
Misc - Security - SecureBootModel was set to "Default" and needs to be changed to "Disabled".
Otherwise the pen drive boots into the recovery mode. When you click on "Install Monterey" it downloads all the needed files, but after the first reboot, something crashes instead of showing the Apple logo with the legend "XX minutes remaining".

Hope this helps.

• Like 1