E6540: unable to get 2nd Internal disk detected and sign in with my Apple ID in Monterey

r00tdvd

Thank you Jake, sorry I've been trying to get the latest config.plist +  SSDT-Disable-DGPU.aml  to boot but it seems to get stuck during boot time.

How can I send you a log so you can see?

Also would be good to test it please with the above EFI perhaps there are things in there that I don't need thats causing the boot to fail.

The addition of SSDT-Disable-DGPU.aml  doesn't cause an issue, its the addition of these 2 keys <string>change EHC1 to EH01</string> and <string>change EHC2 to EH02</string> that's not allowing me to boot. The main thing is the web cam that's all. Thanks again for your support. I am just hoping it could get fixed.

• Moderators

Have a usb bootdisk backup when you're testing 

I missed 2 values under both the renames of EH01 and EH02 that OC complains but fixed it now.

The 2 renames is needed to fix your USB ports which is where your webcam resides

Here's a modified config, and added 2 more SSDT*

USBFixes.zip

Thank you Jake, sorry about this but for some reason its still getting stuck during boot time. I've attached a screenshot and the complete EFI which I've updated with the latest config.plist and the 2 new files.

I have it working now. :) Here is what happened, it was a long day but had to get it fixed some how and thank you so much for your help Jake.

I came across an old EFI which worked for Big Sur with the integrated Web cam that was a breakthrough for me. I copied only the ACPI files from that EFI and updated only the ACPI section in our config.plist. I also updated to the latest OC.

However I don't know what other important patches I am missing from the original Big Sur EFI config.plist that are not in my final EFI.

I've attached the Big Sur config.plist.zip and also my final EFI for your final review please. 

• Moderators

I think I found my issue. The rename of EH01 and EH02, the value of Count should equal 0, not 1.

Anyway with your new files, all looks good. You just have to decide whether to use ssdt-plug.aml or ssdt.aml. Both are for power management.

SSDT.aml is hardcoded for i7-4810MQ. If your cpu is the same, then you could keep it instead of ssdt-plug.aml.

SDCard reader is working, brightness control looks good. AMD disabled, so that should extend battery life.