Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3i i5-10300H: CPU fan always at 100% after disabling dGPU

Alysson Ailton

Hello guys, I have a long story with this laptop that I'll try to make it short...

I've installed Monterey in this laptop almost a month ago using a pre-built EFI that I found.

Everything was working perfectly, except for the battery. It was draining too fast.

While on Windows it would last more than 4 hours watching videos, on Mac it was taking a little more than 1 hour to run out.

With the help of the people from Olarila we managed to create a new custom EFI folder that solved this problem.

Ends up the problem was related to the dGPU, that was still enabled and consuming energy.

But after disabling it, both fans got lost, and are always at full speed, making a lot of noise.

This morning I discovered something by accident. I closed my laptop to go to another room, and I noticed that the fans stoped when the system slept.

After I opened it again, and the sistem woke up, the fans didn't, and remainded stoped the whole day.
I've been monitoring the CPU temperature to see if they would turn on when it gets high, but neither the temperature raised or the fans started.

Could someone please help me with that?

15 hours ago, Jake Lo said:

Please post full system specs

A copy of the EFI folder and

IOreg file using IORegistryExplorer.app v2.1

Sorry, should have sent this before...

Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3i 16"

i5-10300H 2.5GHz, 10th Gen Comet Lake

UHD Graphics 630

GTX 1650Ti 4GB GDDR6

16GB RAM 2933MHz DDR4 (2x Kingston Fury Impact 8GB 3200MHz)

500GB SSD NVMe M.2 Samsumg 970 EVO 2280 PCIe (MacOS + Windows)

256GB SSD NVMe M.2 2242 (Files)

EFI Folder -> https://easyupload.io/fq6iq6

IOReg is attached below.

Alysson.ioreg.zip