E5470: unexpected power off issue

jackel9

ive a E5470 16gb 512gb ssd , DW1820A running Ventura opencore 9, it unexpectly shuts down without warning , no problems in windows 11, ive a brand new original battery and charger, my other 2 e5470s have the same spec ,, one of which runs kali purple (this is fine ), it has to be the bootloader as W11 and Kali no probs at all , rather annoying when im in the middle of work in finak cut pro and similar.

config.plist.zip

• Administrators

No ASF2-ralted power off then, which is re-assuring because these are a nightmare when it comes to root cause.

So, other than the ACPI-related cause, nothing other than your own manual forced shutdown, at least for today.

Regarding ACPI Power Management shutdown, my guess would be that it's due to excessive heat causing CPU to go into protection mode. Do you have any CPU T° monitoring in place at all like with HWMonitor app? You'll have to post a zipped copy of your OC EFI folder or, at least of that SSDT-5470 patched table of yours, for us to provide further assessment. Using these single SSDTs really is best avoided as, once again, likely to be proven more problematic than beneficial...

Do you experience the same behaviour if you disable your (DW1820A) Wifi card in BIOS or physically remove it? I know you apply the required ASPM patch but...

• Administrators

Sometimes, you also have to re-calibrate the battery: go to BIOS settings, let it fully charge, then let it completely discharge until laptop turns off. You may find you need to repeat this a couple of times.

Recently had to do it on my E7270 as it would power off unexpectedly when battery still showed 40% to 50% charge. 'been running Ok after battery re-calibration.