HP Pavilion dv6-1245dx -- Panic on "IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87)"

I'm helping someone test a kext for OpenCore that's supposed to bring GMA 4500MHD support with full QE/CI to Lion, they said they got the installer to boot on a Lenovo system however they couldn't install due to some issue with that computer, so they wanted me to test on my Pavilion dv6-1245dx, however trying to boot it, I get a panic on "IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87)". It looks like an ACPI related panic?

The 4500MHD kext is designed for OpenCore, so I am unable to use Clover or Chameleon. Screenshot and EFI are attached.

Specs: HP Pavilion dv6-1245dx, Intel Pentium T4500 (this is a Penryn CPU, idk if it requires a spoof or not), 2x2GB DDR2 RAM (forgot the speed and brand), Intel GMA 4500MHD, 320GB 5400RPM Hitachi HDD, Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 64-bit (trying to install Mac OS X 10.7.5 Lion)

yes i'm aware MacBook3,1 is the wrong SMBIOS for this hardware, it's currently set as that since I just modified my Latitude D630's EFI to work with this, I will fix that after I make this post, however I don't believe it's the cause of the panic.image.thumb.png.50901474a5a3b141e0327292d77ce665.pngEFI.7z

It was on the r/hackintosh Discord server, they didn't really explain how they made the kext, they just pinged me asking if I had a system with a GMA 4500MHD, and they explained to me that he made this kext however due to issues with Lenovo or something he couldn't install Mac OS X so he wanted me to test.

And people do still work with this legacy hardware for fun, it's the same reason that someone made an iOS 5 jailbreak this year and the same reason that there's a modern web browser for Windows XP, people just want to try to make it work as a fun project.

• Administrators

Typical Lion KP, it's a classic... On most Hackintosh systems, Lion required to revert AppleACPIPlatform kext to an older version from Snow Leopard. From memory, you'll be Ok with v1.3.6.

It turns out it was an issue with OpenCore, the LapicKernelPanic quirk was broken on Lion, I reported it on acidanthera's bugtracker, and it should be fixed in OpenCore 0.9.4, for now I'm using a dev build of 0.9.4 that has LapicKernelPanic fixed, and while after that I was able to get Mac OS X installed, the 4500MHD kext didn't work, which isn't surprising, if it was possible someone would've already done it by now. At least I now have a mostly working EFI for this system if someone else who is interested in legacy hackintoshing manages to get the 4500MHD working.