E5540 Sleep issues related to dGPU

deadhans

Hi! 

It's been a while since i got Big Sur OpenCore running on my E5540, everything works except for sleep, the classic issue of instant wake of course.

When i get the log of pmset i get

2023-07-21 13:48:39 -0600 Sleep               Entering Sleep state due to 'Low Power Sleep': Using AC (Charge:100%) 9 secs    

2023-07-21 13:48:48 -0600 DarkWake            DarkWake from Normal Sleep [CDN] : due to LID0 PEGP PEGA PXSX/ Using AC (Charge:100%) 3 secs    

2023-07-21 13:48:51 -0600 Wake                DarkWake to FullWake from Normal Sleep [CDNVA] : due to UserActivity Assertion Using AC (Charge:100%)

I understand that LID0 must be an issue with the lid open/close detection, but what really concerns me is the PEGP PEGA and PXSX, i did a little bit of research and turns out that PEGP corresponds to my dGPU (nvidia gt720m) which i disabled with -wegnoegpu.

Tried to fix this using the dortania's opencore guide, the section "Disabling laptop dGPUs" has two methods of disabling the dGPU (one for Optimus and one for Bumblebee), i don't really know which one corresponds to my system, so i tried both, (downloaded the .dsl file, changed PEG0 to RP05, compiled it using maciasl and loaded the DSDT in the config.plist) but the problem is not solved.

Don't really know what else to do.

My EFI :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UYudvRLLikmF7sl54R23EecQpnMStgwX/view?usp=drive_link

• Administrators

The -wegnoegpu boot arg "disables" the dGPU but it's unlikely to do anything as far as applying/removing power to the device at ACPI level is concerned. You would need to post your DSDT (assuming dGPU is handled in it) or your entire set of raw/extracted ACPI tables to verify how it's natively configured.

NB: In your OC config, you drop SSDT tables CpuPm and Cpu0Ist. This is wrong for a Haswell platform such as yours, this only applies to Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge platforms. Disable/remove these drops.