1st gen desktop with Radeon HD 7870: Black screen when attempting to boot High Sierra or later

On one computer I have, after the line IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0, my screen will go black (not turn off, it'll just be black) if I attempt to boot High Sierra or later. I've tested High Sierra, Catalina, and Big Sur, they all have this behaviour. For all of them, this is macOS recovery, I can't test the actual OS since I can't install it. I've tested El Capitan and Sierra, they both work fine, and I currently have Sierra installed. Is anyone aware of a solution?

Specs - MSI P55A-G55, Intel Core i5-750, 1x8GB 1666MHz ADATA DDR3, PowerColour Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB, Western Digital Black 1TB 7200RPM, Realtek ALC892, Realtek RTL8168D/8111D

EFI.zip

• Administrators

Graphics initialisation issue. Try and add boot-arg radpg=15.

https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/tree/master

Check which AMD personality is selected in El Capitan/Sierra and try to inject this through properties in your config for High Sierra or later. Or experiment with the various personalities that apply to AMD 7xxx cards..

Here's the IOReg

Ella’s iMac.zip

Well, I've made a discovery, it's just the DVI and HDMI outs on the graphics card that aren't working. If I use a Mini DisplayPort out, it'll work. I do want to fix HDMI though since my monitor only supports DVI and VGA (i always use a DVI to HDMI adapter, since I don't have a direct DVI cable), so because of this I have to use 3 different video adapters (DVI to HDMI, HDMI to DisplayPort, DisplayPort to Mini DisplayPort), and due to that my video quality is worse, I get graphical glitches, sometimes my monitor just doesn't turn on at all. I'll install Big Sur now, but I'll keep Sierra on a separate HDD just in case I need Sierra to troubleshoot something