Mountain Lion install freezes then quits after 15 seconds

Sirron

I can install Snow Leopard just fine on my D630 Nvidia, but not Lion and Mountain Lion. Lion doesn't even make it to the installer. ML does, but it always crashes. I tried installing from SL, but it looks like it's going through everything then reboots back into SL like absolutely nothing happened. I followed several sets of the instructions to install. Create the install disk, add the extra's and then run Myfix and then run install. Am I missing something here or is there a problem with my hardware or what?

Installer Log 26-Nov-2012.txt

First guess is that you did not install the MyHack Boot pack correctly.

Second guess is that for some reason DSDT wasn't installed correctly.

According to your installer log (I am looking at nothing but the installer log), I would say that Lion/Mountain Lion crashed very early in the installing process.

I would say that the installer quits here:

Nov 26 15:35:32 localhost Unknown[285]: 2012-11-26 15:35:32.885 LCA[284:707] NSSoftLinking - The Librarian framework's library couldn't be loaded from (null).
Nov 26 15:35:32 localhost Unknown[285]: 2012-11-26 15:35:32.887 LCA[284:707] NSSoftLinking - The function 'LBCurrentProcessHasUbiquityContainer' can't be found in the Librarian framework.
Nov 26 15:35:35 localhost configd[112]: subnet_route_if_index: can't get interface name
Nov 26 15:35:36 localhost Unknown[285]: 2012-11-26 15:35:36.345 LCA[298:203] *** NSTask: Task create for path '/usr/sbin/diskutil' failed: 22, "Invalid argument".  Terminating temporary process.
Nov 26 15:36:11 localhost ReportCrash[299]: LaunchServices/5123589: Unable to lookup coreservices session port for session 0x186a0 uid=0 euid=0
Nov 26 15:36:11 localhost ReportCrash[299]: LaunchServices/5123589: Unable to lookup coreservices session port for session 0x186a0 uid=0 euid=0

Where it starts reporting "localhost ReportCrash[299]". (If you notice, the installation continues even though errors have been logged.)

This indicates to me that the installer is trashed. Are you installing with InstallESD.dmg or Apple OS X 10.7/8.app? Use InstallESD.dmg if you can. It seems to be a much cleaner install. All "ReportCrash" errors are 299, which by the Apple Knowledgebase means that the install media is basically ruined (Either bad image, or bad media). I suggest acquiring a legit copy of the InstallESD.dmg for either 10.7/8 and reinstalling using MyHack. Be sure to include the CORRECT boot pack, otherwise the machine will behave almost the exact same way. Also, be sure to double check whether or not your Flash/SD/DVD media is capable of handling HFS+, GUID, bootable operating systems.

If, by chance, you are absolutely positive you have MyHack/OS X bootpack/EDP configured properly, I think its time to look into a hardware conflict. Try disabling Ethernet/WIFI/Bluetooth in BIOS and see if the machine will boot. (I've seen WIFI cards halt the Leopard installer at the same error, as well as Ethernet, PCMCIA, USB2.0, PS/2, etc...) What I'm getting at, is disable AS MUCH as you can in BIOS and try reinstalling. You may have a quirky chipset causing errors that a quick disable in BIOS might fix.

Also, since it seems that the core of the install crash seems to be "Nov 26 15:35:36 localhost Unknown[285]: 2012-11-26 15:35:36.345 LCA[298:203] *** NSTask: Task create for path '/usr/sbin/diskutil' failed: 22, "Invalid argument". Terminating temporary process.", I would look into whether or not ACHI is enabled in BIOS.

I know this gives you more questions than answers, but try to narrow them down one at a time. If you can narrow it down, we are pretty creative. We'll almost certainly be able to get you into OS X, and from there, you can use EDP to get the machine tweaked.