Latitude E6400: Unable to boot with OpenCore and SSDTs only

CattaRappa

Hello, I currently have a working macOS High Sierra hackintosh install on my Latitude E6400 with OpenCore. I'm using the DSDT from the original Yosemite guide that was posted a long time ago on here, as I have found it only boots macOS with it. I want to avoid using the DSDT as it would be easier to maintain the system with SSDTs only. I followed the Dortania guide on what SSDT's I should use for my CPU architecture, which are SSDT-EC-LAPTOP and SSDT-RHUB-Reset (from the USBMap utility). But it hangs pretty early on boot without anything obvious showing the issue. It hangs pretty close to PCI Configuration End, so I tried using the npci boot vars to fix it but it had no effect. I have attached a picture where it gets frozen, in addition to my EFI folder (uploaded to Google Drive as its too big to attach here) and ioreg if needed.

EFI folder

20240422_151917.jpeg

E6400-OC-DSDT.ioreg

• Administrators

I wouldn't bother to try and use OpenCore or follow the Dortania guidance for an old C2D laptop. OpenCore has no proper support for CPU power management on these platforms. Stick to Clover, knowing that using SSDTs only is not restricted to OpenCore at all and can of course be used with other bootloaders such as Clover.

I understand, though even if I went the Clover route I would still run into the same issues regarding not having a DSDT. Penryn is still officially supported under OpenCore though I get where you're coming from (especially the lack of CPUPM, though the machine performs just fine so I'm not too concerned about it). Bootloader choice aside, would you have any idea where to start with addressing these boot issues? I understand using a DSDT is fine morally but I would rather understand what about that DSDT makes it boot in the first place so I can make SSDT's that do the same thing instead. 

EDIT: here is the DSDT for easy reference.

dsdt.zip

So I went ahead and used some diff tools to find any inserted methods/patches and moved them over into a single SSDT file just to isolate them. Though the machine still doesn't boot with that new SSDT even though it's doing the same functions and is compiled correctly. Though looking at a freshly dumped DSDT from clover vs the Yosemite one, the naming and formatting scheme is entirely different but I'm pretty sure that's not the cause of the boot issues. Though the SSDT might not be working because I have not changed the naming scheme between the Yosemite DSDT and my system DSDT. I'll update the thread if I get anywhere

• Administrators

If you want to consider a suitable build with SSDTs only, I suggest you post the raw/vanilla DSDT extracted from BIOS and the patched one. We'll then be able to examine the differences between them and suggest SSDT alternatives to the patched DSDT.