Latitude 5310 KP on sleep (Sleep Wake Failure in EFI)

scram69
Go to solution Solved by hidematu5310,

Specs:

Core i5-10310U

UHD 620

13.3 FHD

16GB RAM

Intel AX201

ALC295/ALC3254

macOS Ventura 13.6.6

Opencore 0.99

I believe I have everything working on this laptop except sleep.  I mostly followed the opencore guide, and used the files helpfully provided in hidematu5310's post for the trackpad, which is working fine.

Unfortunately, the laptop KPs when I try to get it to sleep.

In troubleshooting this Sleep problem, I have tried:

-setting the pmset variables per Dortania's guide

-removing and renaming hibernate file to /dev/null

-re-did the usb mapping using corpnewt's USBMap, and verified in IOReg explorer that the designated ports had the correct comments, and the unused ports are gone

-verified Power Management is working (X86PlatformPlugin attached)

-double checked GPRW patch applied (although this issue isn't instant wake)

-built SSDT-PLUG manually

-built SSDT-AWAC-DISABLE manually

-tried CPUFriend/CPUFriendDataProvider per Dortania's guide

None of these have resolved the KP.

I would very much appreciate any suggestions.  I've attached my OC folder (kexts removed)-

OC.zip

I've tried a number of Whatevergreen boot args without any success fixing the problem, but everything I read points to "Sleep Wake Failure in EFI" being an issue with CPU power management.

I've also tried alternate SMBIOS (16,1 and 16,2) but neither fixed the problem.  Another poster (hidematu5310) seems to have sleep working on his 5310 with 16,3.

At this point I'm really at a loss...

Since there was no dedicated guide for the 5310, I took bios settings from this post.

USB Wake support is disabled.

In the later BIOS versions, there is no longer a Legacy ROM option in the boot section.

Additionally, I have disabled "Trusted Platform Management"

• Solution

My settings

Bios version:1.23.0

CFG Unlocked

Power Management section

Lid Switch Enable Lid Switch:Enable

AC Behavior Wake on AC:Disabled

Enable Intel Speed Shift Technology:Enable

Auto On Time:Disabled

Thermal Management:Optimized

USB Wake Support Wake on Dell USB-C Dock:Disabled

Wireless Radio Control:Disabled

Wake on LAN:Disabled

Block Sleep:Enable

Peak Shift:Disabled

Advanced Battery Charge Configuration:Disabled

Primary Battery Charge Configuration:Adaptive

pmset

pmseg.png.7da22fa87b94fc51925ba1370750524c.png

5310.zip

Hi hidematu,

Earlier today I came across this post, which had unfortunately been placed in something called "The Archive", meaning I didn't find it in the regular form sections as I read through them two weeks ago.

Like you indicate above, this poster (Eddar_Stark) (first of his name?) had also enabled "Disable Sleep" in BIOS, by which I took to mean "Block Sleep".

Checking "Block Sleep" in the BIOS is what finally un-Blocked sleep on this Latitude.  A bit counter-intuitive for me...

Your posts on the trackpad and brightness fixes for the 5310 were incredibly helpful - thank you!

I notice you are using hibernatemode=3, but you don't have the hbfx-ahbm boot arg set to enable the HibernationFixup.kext.  Are you getting your 5310 to achieve native hibernation?

Also, I would be very interested in what the following boot args you are using are for:

-noht40

io80211.awdl=0

-nvmefaspm

Thanks again!

I haven't tested it much, but hibernation seems to work by default.
Hibernationfixup may be deleted.

pmset when using battery

pmset_battery.png.c7dd0c6eeefe678417da82175796c8ad.png

NVMeFix
-nvmefaspm forces ASPM L1 on all the devices. This argument is recommended exclusively for testing purposes, as for daily usage one could inject pci-aspm-default device property with <02 00 00 00> value into the SSD devices and bridge devices they are connected to onboard. Updated values will be visible as pci-aspm-custom in the affected devices.

AirportItlwm
 io80211.awdl=0: fixed location service

-noht40: Disables 40MHz when using 2.4GHz (Use this option if the network with this config causes instabilities. BRCM cards disable 2.4GHz HT40 by default)