Patching for DW1560 in Sequoia beta

• Administrators

-> moved to Sequoia beta section. As clearly indicated, no support requests in our Technical Info threads please.

Tech_info_section.jpg

I don't understand that screenshot. Just how do you run Sequoia beta here? Or is it a screenshot of a screenshot?

Did you apply OCLP 1.6.0 root patching? What did the app show in terms of patches when you ran it?

Basically, if you were able to patch Sonoma for that DW1560 and obtain wireless + Bluetooth services, it's the exact same process and with the exact same parameters + add-on kexts for Sequoia beta. See this thread on the matter.

I noticed in your config that you inject AMFIPass kext but that you do not use the -amfipassbeta boot arg as expected and stated in Jake's guide for Sonoma. Is that deliberate?

Strange that the card shows in SysInfo but not in Hackintool. What do you see in SysInfo->Software->Extensions for the injected kexts? What about in IOReg?

• Administrators

DW1560 never was supported (OOB) with its native BCM4352 device id. See this very old thread going back to the good old days... So, you need to fake the device id of a BCM4360 chipset, i.e. inject the following additional device property in your config:

compatible        pci14e4,43a0        STRING

If it still does not work, try injecting the following kexts in that order: AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext + AirportBrcmFixup but I doubt you'd need this today.

Remember that, before Apple decided to drop all the Broadcom legacy cards in Sonoma, the only remaining Broadcom cards still supported in Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura were:

<key>IONameMatch</key>
            <array>
                <string>pci14e4,43ba</string>
                <string>pci14e4,43a3</string>
                <string>pci14e4,43a0</string>
            </array>

i.e., BCM43602, BCM4350 and BCM4360 chipsets. That's all that the IO80211FamilyLegacy kext you inject supports.

• Administrators

I really don't know how you managed to obtain working wifi considering I'm seeing a significant error in the property you inject which makes it invalid 😏:

DW1560_faking_typo.jpg

You need to fix this and, ideally, describe the actions you took, the settings you applied. You probably got by thanks to AirportBrcmFixup which I now see injected.

NB: to avoid scoring out personal info in your PrefPane screenshot, just scroll down the menu on the left before taking the shot! 😉

• Administrators

So you:

1. inject the property "compatible    pci14e4,43a0    STRING" against your card's location/address in your config?
  2. block/exclude vanilla IOSkywalkFamily in your config?
  3. inject IO802FamilyLegacy + replacement IOSkywalkFamily kexts?
  4. apply OCLP "modern wireless networking*" root patching?

What about AirportBrcmFixup kext? I wouldn't use it to begin with. Injecting the compatibility statement normally removes the need for it.

What is showing in SysInfo->Software->Extensions as injected kexts?

Can you post a new IOReg extract?

Edit: Oh, I had forgotten that, for 5GHz networks, as stated in the old BCM4352 thread I linked above, DW1560 used to require to binary patch AirportBrcm4360, then AirportBrcmNIC PlugIn kexts. I guess this is most likely still required. AirportBrcmFixup used to take care of that but I don't know how things operate now with OCLP. Maybe the patcher handles it all.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292542-airport-pcie-half-mini/

https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup

• Administrators

For the benefits of others, would you care to explain how you met success?

It looks like you use what I guess is a Sequoia-specific, yet unpublished version 2.1.9 of AirportBrcmFixup.