D620 Dual Boot - Can't boot into SL 10.6.8 without USB

Alphabet

OK, n00b alert... :wacko:

I've finally put my brave boots on and decided to get my trusty D620 dualbooting SL 10.6.8 and Windows 7 Ultimate - everything was going fine until I got Windows installed :-(

I started out following the 'Dualbooting OSX and Windows' guide and got myself a lovely working install of SL 10.6.8 complete with sound and wifi so set about installing Window 7 Ultimate...now I've done that I can't boot into SL without booting from the myHack USB stick.

I've installed Chameleon in OS X using EDP but now everytime I try booting without the USB stick I can boot Windows from Chameleon without any problem but if I choose OS X then I just get the Chameleon background and the machine locks up.

I guess I've stuffed something up with bootloader but no idea what...it's probably going to be something really straight forward to fix but I haven't got a clue.

I'm running:

• Latitude D620 (GMA 1280 x 800)
  • Core Duo 1.66GHz (T2300)
  • 2GB PC2-5300 RAM
  • 250GB Seagate ST250LM000 (partitioned equally for OS X/Windows)
  • Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN

Any help would be much appreciated...

Cheers

John

Hi Hervé,

Thanks for the advice - I set the partition active but that didn't seem to make any difference. 

I booted into OS X using the myHack USB and re-ran the 10.6.8 Combo Update and then re-ran EDP and installed the predifined config for my machine and this seems to have got me booting without the USB.

I don't seem to be having much luck with this though as now my keyboard has a mind of it's own - some keys it recognises, some it doesn't and it now seems to repeat charachters as though I have my finger permanently on a key.  Everything was working fine before I shut the laptop down last night but since starting it up this morning it's lost its marbles. 

The keyboard is working fine in Windows so doesn't seem like a hardware fault...I've got an old USB keyboard from an iMac plugged in to get around the problem at the minute but this isn't any use for OS X on the move.

Does this sound like an easy fix or do I need to be looking at re-installing SL?

Cheers

John

After posting my update earlier the keyboard started playing up in Windows too which had me worrying that it was a hardware issue after all...popped the keyboard to make sure I hadn't dislodged the motherboard connection when I upgraded the memory and when I restarted everything was working again.