D630 wireless network

Blancmaison

Hi

I have a d630 with lion and a intel video card just recently when it domes out of hibernation you have to turn wireless off then on to get network access ? i have checked the bios and that seems fine , when i installed osx the bios was 17 i believe it should have been 19 ? any ideas ?

Cheers

Hi

If I close the lid of my laptop then a few seconds later open to resume using it when i go to safari and chrome i get no web page , i have tried pinging in this time and that works ? if i put wifi off then on again i get the web pages back ? previously i am sure it did it straight away looking in network in sys pref under proxies i have *.local, 169.254/16 at the bottom everything else seems okay

• Administrators

Which card?

On wake, does the wifi icon in the Finder bar stay empty (=deactivated), light gray (meaning non-connected) or does it go to black (meaning connected)? If light gray, it simply has not hooked back to your network.

You say "previously I'm sure it did it straight"... What did you change or recently do then?

I think the card is a 1390 dell one but will check , the wifi symbol is always black connected , but to get it reconnected i have to wifi off then wifi on again , with regards changes i haven't made any that i can think of ? just thought i would post in case others have had the same issue. thanks for for help as usual.

Hi

All seems to be okay , i have dome two things , i recently setup a osx server so i have it set to use the server if available and also it is set to remember the wireless network , the setting to logon to server i have deleted and i deleted the wireless connection , restarted and choose it again and it all seems to work i.e. close the lid and i get internet without wifi of then on.

Cheers