Installing ML on Dell E6530

jd_guthrie

As a follow up, HDMI doesn't work either.  Plug it in and it might look good and if you toggle with Fn+F8 back and forth it goes mostly gray with some green, blue and red patches and you can't really make out the open apps, toolbar or doc.  Open apps are so dull you might be able to see them but they are multiplied and you can't read the text or make out icons.  

Just letting you know if this helps anyone else.

Bob

As a follow up, HDMI doesn't work either.  Plug it in and it might look good and if you toggle with Fn+F8 back and forth it goes mostly gray with some green, blue and red patches and you can't really make out the open apps, toolbar or doc.  Open apps are so dull you might be able to see them but they are multiplied and you can't read the text or make out icons.  

Bob

Hey JL,

Do you think some of my problems could be that I'm booting and loading from a external USB drive that has Mavericks on it?  I wouldn't think so, but I thought I should throw it in there.

Bob

• Moderators

Bob

Hey JL,

Do you think some of my problems could be that I'm booting and loading from a external USB drive that has Mavericks on it?  I wouldn't think so, but I thought I should throw it in there.

Bob

Yes, because usb devices gets dismounted after sleep, that would explain your system hanging. 

Yes, because usb devices gets dismounted after sleep, that would explain your system hanging. 

Well there you go.  Sorry to bother you.  My plan was to commit to the internal HD after I got it all working enough.  

BTW, any ideas about the external HDMI and VGA?

HDMI should work, but not VGA.

That's too bad, my company has crappy VGA projectors for meetings.  Anyway, HDMI didn't work like I explained.  Maybe it will be better when I install it on a internal HDD (probably Monday).  I'll let you know.