Gratitude D620

iVysaur

Hello again, Hervé!

No need to apologize, mate. You've been always ready for advice when i needed it, and even if what worked for me didn't follow your lines exactly, c'est l'intention qui compte, no?

By the way, the defaults were the speedstep plus the voodoo thing and only those two, don't really know why i enabled the sleep though, as i loathe wasting energy leaving laptops on all the time, but it worked!

Right now i'm customising my installation with the wallpapers provided here, also installing some apps. I wonder if keeping the sleep disabled and trying many other config options would've worked, but it's already up and running, albeit i may have to RMA my hard drive, cause it was ticking after all.

One more question: What is PStatemenu? Upon rebooting, was greeted by a window asking me to "automatically check for updates", it has the pics of AMD and Intel processors to the left.

Regards!

• Administrators

PState menu is that emulated SpeedStep application whose icon you can see in the top menu bar (icon with horizontal bars with dark bars going up and down).

Basically, it brings SpeedStep support to Mac OS X when this Intel CPU technology does not run natively, thereby offering on-demand CPU stepping or fixed frequency mode.