D430 missing audio

nick.XIII

Hi all, been interested in installing OSX on one of my machines for awhile now and just decided to take the leap. I started by using the D620SLVI boot disc linked on another site and installed from a 10.6 disc. This all went fine, everything worked perfectly, except the computer would not boot without the disc to act as the bootloader. So I did some searching and came across this site, and proceeded to follow the instructions word-for-word. Everything has gone great, installed from the myHack usb and even updated to 10.6.8 with no issues. All is well in the world, except all is silent as well. Where I had sound installing from the unmodified disc, installing the way I'm told here causes my audio card to be unrecognized. Now I'm a noob, so please bear with me when trying to help :P

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had done that already, apparently the changes hadn't taken effect or something. However, once I installed voodooHDA, my audio started working fine :) Thank you all for this awesome site and the helpful utilities! Also, thank you Bronxteck for your quick reply

Alright, so I used the myHack usb to do a repair install, went without a hitch but sound still didn't work, but after I installed the 10.6.8 update, everything worked! Still haven't tried to see if sleep is functioning like it should, but so far everything seems to be in order.