Cannot enter password

ddiego

My thoughts, as well.  My first install of ML went well and the EDP downloaded and installed.  While I couldn't enter a password, for some reason or other EDP came up and allowed me to enter my computer parameters and then installed the proper EDP.  However, I was never again able to get into EDP.  That's why I reinstalled ML last night - to get EDP to work properly.  However, in the last install I could never get EDP to run at all so I think that's why my computer has been freezing - the EDP package wasn't installed.

• Administrators

No, if there is a problem with the EDP package, there's nothing you could have done to prevent it...

We've identified the problem and it'll be fixed tomorrow. Meantime, don't use the EDP app in Applications but run it manually from /Extra folder (i.e. launch the EDP command script).

-> PM

Herve - here's a follow up.  I got my D630 up and running but had to use the Extras from the Dell D630 Mountain Lion Installation Guide posting by Seb43654 in the forum.  My first install I ran the EDP5.  As expected it did not start after install.  I followed your instructions to manually run it but quickly realized that what it was doing during the install was renaming my Extra folder to an Extra Backup and creating a new Extra folder for downloading new kexts.  However, that's where the EDP installation actually stopped.  The EDP startup was no where to be found and the new Extras folder was empty.  So I created a new boot usb and installed the boot package for my D630 from your compatibility page and began the install.  However, half way through the USB boot process, and before I got to the 'select language screen', the boot failed.  So I re-did my boot USB, this time by dragging the compatibility page Extras to the USB after renaming the existing Extra to another name and running full myfix.  A second attempt...same result...boot failure half way through.  So I then used Seb's Extras, thinking that somehow your EDP5 issues may extend to your individual bootpacks since your web site does say they are dynamically updated from the EDP server, and WOW, it worked!  His posted Extra is a snapshot in time from last year and doesn't have any of the issues with the current EDP build.  So, until you fix and verify your EDP issue I'll just avoid downloading that program as well as avoid your bootpacks.  I hope this helps.