Mountain Lion 10.8.4 on Dell D630 - GMA X3100 with full QE/CI

karpais

Hi!

I have follow OS X Latitude guides and MLPostFactor V3, i manage to instal with sucess Mountain Lion 10.8.4 on my Dell D630, thanks to you guys.

Hello

I have the same D630.

can you tell me where to find these guides?

Thanks

Thanks for a great set of tools and guides, people : )

I accurately followed the guide at:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2464-installing-ml-on-d630-gma-x3100-with-full-qeci/

My D630 X3100 ML is nearly there.. just a problem with Google Chrome crashing - tried all version: dev, beta and stable.

I realise this could be a problem for the PostFactor team, but worth trying here since someone may have the quick answer.

In my crash log could this be the clue?

-----------

Crashed Thread:  0  CrBrowserMain  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000

VM Regions Near 0:
--> __PAGEZERO             0000000000000000-0000000000001000 [    4K] ---/--- SM=NUL  /Applications/Google Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google Chrome
    VM_ALLOCATE            0000000000001000-000000000001a000 [  100K] ---/--- SM=NUL  

Thread 0 Crashed:: CrBrowserMain  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   com.apple.driver.AppleIntelGMAX3100GLDriver 0x14fbf0d6 gldReadFramebufferData + 638
1   GLEngine                       0x14c871b2 glReadPixels_Exec + 1503
2   libGL.dylib                   0x0b6bba59 glReadPixels + 72

• Administrators

I believe it's a known issue with MLPF (it's far from being a bug-free hack); I understand you could be reluctant to read a thread that's now over 120pages long, but...

[...]

:excl: Do not ask questions about MLPostFactor here. Go to the authors at MacRumors. It's not our hack, we did not make it, we don't support it.

[...]

• Like 1

yup, thanks Admin.. thought so : )

For anyone not wanting to dig through the threads I'll post what I found here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=18254888&postcount=3432

It is indeed a known issue. The solution for Chrome is to disable hardware acceleration.

Chrome - Preferences - Advanced - System - Turn off "Use hardware acceleration when available"

Thanks again for your awesome tools, Team OXLatitude

I have an issue on a second D630 x3100 with KP on boot from MyHack stick with MyFix applied.

Before I get started shall I start a new thread, or is this one fine for diagnosing installation issues on that model?

• Administrators

Sounds like you have an Intel wifi card; needs to be removed or disabled in the BIOS. Don't hesitate to use the forum Search facility before posting; most issues for the D6xx series have been thoroughly discussed by now.

• Like 1