Sound driver for OS X Mavericks

Clamibot

• Administrators

Make sure to repair permissions (you can use Disk Utility for that) and that you rebuild cache (use Terminal command sudo touch /S/L/E for that then verify timestamping of the files in /S/L/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup, bearing in mind that cache regeneration can take a min or two).

Of course, if you're not using EDP and/or myHack, you may have your own other tool to manage kexts.

You can probably ignore it, I've seen that before.

EDP is totally Ok for Mavericks. If using it caused boot issues, then you proabably did something wrong in the process. What kexts are you using, what Chameleon boot options, what SMBIOS profile, etc?

Also what CPU do you have in that D630? I'm not aware of any 2.55GHz FSB800 CPU that could be used in that laptop.

I booted into windows 8 and found this about the CPU:

2.55 GHZ T9300 Intel Core 2 Duo

In OS X, it reads as 2.49 GHZ

In Windows 8, it reads as 2.5 GHZ

In the BIOS, it reads as 2.55 GHZ

I'm sure the BIOS is always correct about hardware.

• Administrators

Well, it actually depends on the FSB speed detected by the OS or the BIOS. The T9300 is actually a 2.50GHz CPU: quad-pumped FSB 800MHz and multiplier 12.5 makes it a 200MHz x 12.5 = 2500MHz CPU. You can check more details here: http://ark.intel.com/products/33917/

Now, hardly any computer runs at the exact theoritical/paper speed and there can be slight variations; for instance you may see the FSB run at 798MHz instead of 800MHz exactly. Use a tool like CPUID/CPUZ in Windows and you'll see.

Anyway, if you have a T9300, then this is the exact same CPU that I have and, with my pack, you'll indeed see OS X report a 2.49/2.5GHz speed; that is the correct speed, the speed to expect.

I have BIOS A18 (you ought to have A17 or A18) and it always shows a max clock speed of 2.50GHz with min clock speed of 1.20GHz.

Well, it actually depends on the FSB speed detected by the OS or the BIOS. The T9300 is actually a 2.50GHz CPU: quad-pumped FSB 800MHz and multiplier 12.5 makes it a 200MHz x 12.5 = 2500MHz CPU. You can check more details here: http://ark.intel.com/products/33917/

Now, hardly any computer runs at the exact theoritical/paper speed and there can be slight variations; for instance you may see the FSB run at 798MHz instead of 800MHz exactly. Use a tool like CPUID/CPUZ in Windows and you'll see.

Anyway, if you have a T9300, then this is the exact same CPU that I have and, with my pack, you'll indeed see OS X report a 2.49/2.5GHz speed; that is the correct speed, the speed to expect.

I have BIOS A18 (you ought to have A17 or A18) and it always shows a max clock speed of 2.50GHz with min clock speed of 1.20GHz.

Same here except my max clock speed shows up as 2.55 GHZ, I must have a lucky CPU