Dell Latitude D620 - Mac 10.6 no network

vz90954

i'm sorry to ask again, but I did everything as described:

i took the older version of myhack, installed the mac 10.8 installESD.dmg file to the usb stick.

Afterwards i run myhack again, and importeted the bootpack.

Then i run the Chameleon wizard and update it to version 2248.

And still, it boots to the bootloader, and once i choose the usb stick with the installation, it shows 2 lines and comes back to the bootloader screen,

As it doesn't recognize the installation.

i formatted the usb stick to mac journilzed and GUID partition.

What do i miss? do i need to configure the Chameleon wizard somehow?

Please help.

• Administrators

I'm afraid you did not follow the process...

• Make your myHack USB installer with myHack v3.1.2 + retail Snow Leopard image (you mentioned 10.8 ??? - a typo I presume)
  • Re-run myHack to install Extra on your USB installer using the appropriate OSXL D620 bootpack (intel or nVidia graphics)
  • Boot off your USB installer and install Snow Leopard (having partitioned your HDD GPT/GUID and formatted your target SL partition Mac OS X Extended (journaled))
  • Upon installation completion, try and reboot directly off your HDD into SL
  • If you get the bootloader error, boot off the USB key, interrupt the bootloader at delay bar and boot off your HDD SL partition
  • Once you complete 1st boot configuration, download Chameleon Wizard and update your HDD SL partition to Cham v2248 or above

You should then be able to boot SL without issues.

• Administrators

Yes, you can install ML, in which case you have to follow the special installation processes detailed here (choose according to your D620 model):

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2466-installing-ml-on-d620-nvidia-nvs-110m-with-full-qeci/

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2465-installing-ml-on-d620-gma950-with-full-qeci/

But you still need to update to Cham v2248 as detailed above, i.e. once you've 1st booted into Mac OS X.

this is the guide i followed and got the point i described above:

i took the older version of myhack, installed the mac 10.8 installESD.dmg file to the usb stick.

Afterwards i run myhack again, and importeted the bootpack.

Then i run the Chameleon wizard and update it to version 2248.

And still, it boots to the bootloader, and once i choose the usb stick with the installation, it shows 2 lines and comes back to the bootloader screen,

As it doesn't recognize the installation.

i formatted the usb stick to mac journilzed and GUID partition.

What do i miss? do i need to configure the Chameleon wizard somehow?

• Administrators

Ok, you're still doing this incorrectly.

Do not update Chameleon on the myHack USB installer.

Only update the Chameleon that is installed on your HDD partition after you have completed your installation.

1. Create your 10.8 installer with myHack
  2. Install Extra with myHack, using the bootpack provided in the guide (i.e. choose "my own" and point towards the downloaded folder)
  3. Boot the myHack USB installer and install ML
  4. Then and only then, once you've passed the 1st boot configuration finalisation, you can update Chameleon bootloader (on your HDD, not the USB installer) to v2248 or above.
  5. Then continue with the guide.

Which D620 model do you have? Also are you running the latest BIOS (A10) and did you set the parameters according to the recommended settings listed in the pinned thread?

• Like 1

I did it, and once running the installation, it gives me then following error:

"Mach-o files has bad magic number".

afterwards, it will go back to the bootloader chose.

I also took pictures of the processes i did, if i may send them to you. 

Please Help.