D630 NVidia 1440x900 - 10.8.3 installation

xpeace

Anyone had success with 10.8.3 as Install Source ? I grabbed it from the Rescue Partition from my MacBook Pro ... I`ve had no luck so far with the OSXLatitude provided bootpack as well as with Sebs provided extras. I tried myHack - Install was a success with Sebs Files, but boot is stopped at pci begin configuration, ... pmVersion=0 seems to be required as well, ...
Bios A17, setup as described in the Bios Guide, ...

• Administrators

As far as I know, you cannot install ML (or any other recent Mac OS X version) that way. Recovery versions from rescue partition or even Mac OS X CD/DVD versions provided with real Macs cannot be used to install the OS on a PC. From memory (but I could be wrong of course), these recovery versions are just a minimal subset of the full system that allow to sort of boot a Mac and then grab the rest of the system off Apple's servers. I think it's explained here: http://www.apple.com/osx/recovery/

You need to use the retail versions, those available for purchase off AppStore. In the case of ML, the current shipping version is 10.8.4, but you can install any previous retail release from 10.8(.0) to 10.8.3. Whatever you use, it has to be retail.

• Like 1

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20110831105634716&query=lion+usb

I used this tutorial and I can confirm it still works for Mountain Lion, after roughly 4hours I got a "retail" 10.8.3 Mountain Lion Install File. (10.8.3 Install.ESD 4.42GB)
But I fear that 10.8.3 Install and kext features are not compatible with the Extra Packages and Utils offered on OSXLatitude , .... 

and I also think I will have problems aquiring earlier working versions anywhere , ....

So how did the guys get 10.8.4 running on their D630 , or is it my HiRes Display Version that is too exotic with 1440x900 Resolution , ...

Greetz Peace

• Administrators

The guys used a retail version.

The stuff you link to is only good for real Macs, though not all of them it would appear. I don't believe it provides the full packages of a retail version (it's mentioned in the comments) and those are required for a Hackintosh.

For a retail version of ML, you can either sell your right arm and spend 18€ on AppStore or use Google, it's everyone's friend if you see what I mean... There must be tons of mountain river references these days.

NB: EDP pages of this site offer a compatibility chart that you may want to consult re: your specs.  ;)