Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6450 1 GB DDR3 PCI-E

450W PSU

250 GB HDD

*I know, it's amazing*

The progress:

Sound worked OOB (onchip)

Snow Leopard 10.6.3 running with legacy_kernel through ModCD

So the problems:

No QE/CI, rocking on 1024x768 through HDMI but I think this will get fixed when I get 10.8

No ethernet, which i think will come when I actually get 10.8 to work (Realtek RTL 8167)

When starting a sort of installed version of Mountain Lion it just restarts after the bootloader, probably cause of the kernel.

Kexts:

3xYfJdG.pngFe6UaPd.pngrokVAVp.pngp4IoMMk.pngG22cm59.png

I'm open to try anything so give me suggestions.

• Administrators

By now, you must be aware that running Mac OS X requires special kernel, such as the legacy kernel you run (through ModCD installation) under Snow Leopard. No difference for Moutain Lion (or Lion) on that matter, if such a kernel exist for ML with support for single-core Sempron.

Sempron CPUs are really low-end so you'd better stick to SL in my opinion.

Since you're already on Insanelymac, do have a look at their wiki; it's well documented. You'll see that your Sapphire HD6450 is supported under SL and Lion and appears possibly supported under ML with patching.

• Administrators

There's a substantial thread at IM about AMD kernel for Mountain Lion. You can have a good look there. Remember that ML is normally 64bit kernel only, so if AMD kernels kept that line, your CPU needs to be 64bit capable.