M4300 no Ethernet

madmax

• Administrators

You can get a copy here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2032-dell-vostro-200/

You would need to update keys and smc-compatibility with values specified above with PlistEditorPro that you can download off the web. Failing that, I'll update my M4300 files tomorrow. But you can just download Kozlek's latest version for the M4300, since it fully support 64bit kernel mode; it'll work as long as you edit the FakeSMC plist as explained in the article.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Hervé

I have downloaded the fakesmb from the vostro threat. I have modified it reflecting the version 5.1. (as discribed in the article.

I have changed the chameleonsettings ( to 5.1) after I replaced the file. Then I had run Myhack (fix full) to repair permissions.

The system did not boot, got stuck so I had to change the fakesmb file back and booted with ignore cache variant.

Maybe I have wron settings in the org.chameleon.boot...

regards,

Madmax

• Administrators

I'll send you my M4300 kext+SMBIOS plist tonight. I guess you might have done something wrong.

When you do these things, you have to make sure to remove the following kexts from /Extra/Extensions:

• FakeSMC v4.0 (obviously replaced by Kozlek's more recent version)
  • CPUMonitor
  • NullCPUPowerManagement
  • VoodooTSCSync (keep only on systems with Intel 945GM chipset)

You can also get rid of:

• IOATAFamily
  • SleepEnabler

Then, make sure to enable P-States & C-States in your Chameleon boot plist.

• Administrators

Delete unwanted kexts from /E/E or moved them to /Extra/RemovedExtensions (useful to reuse if ever required), then run myFix (quick).

Regarding the files I mentioned earlier today:

1. copy attached FakeSMC kext to /E/E FakeSMC.kext.zip
  2. copy attached DSDT + plists to /Extra DSDT.aml.zip org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip smbios.plist.zip
  3. copy attached HWMonitor to Applications folder HWMonitor.zip
  4. run myFix (quick) and reboot.
  5. run HWMonitor and observe.

Hi Herve´

I have the black screen issue that I had in the past with your DSDT aml.

Unfortunately I can not change the quadro to parent using the chameleon wizard method. The compilation from dsl to aml does not work for me..

Can you maybe change that Please?

Thanks.

Once my system generally boots fine I will try to remove the kext files as you suggested.

Thanks.

Madmax

• Administrators

Which BIOS version do you have? My M4300 currently runs BIOS A11, I haven't updated it yet to A17, which I think is the latest. However, my DSDT is just the table from the bootpack that I have slightly amended so that graphics card reporting looks right in "About this Mac", without the multiple ",,," (small error of string length in the DSDT source code). My M4300 boots ok to Mav desktop with my modded DSDT.

You didn't keep your old DSDT in a renamed form like old-DSDT.aml that you could recall manually from the Chameleon bootloader with option DSDT=/Extra/, did you?

I, too, have experienced that DSDT compilation error and I believe it happens only under Mavericks. I think it's related to the way the text file is saved under Mavericks as the compilator reports some text format issue.