Dell 6430u i7-3687U CPU @2.1Ghz

keltonturvey

• Moderators

Thanks for the reply...

I tried v5.3.901 - the latest version that comes with the HWSensor install package but couldn't boot. Went to v4 now I get temps and cpu frequencies x2 - one for each CPU. Intel PowerGadget now works too. 

I made an SSDT using a couple of different methods, the best one seems to be the one I made with ssdtPRGen. But I only see two clock speeds 792MHz and 1980Mhz. The CPU is supposed to be 2.1Ghz to 3.3Ghz. Is that misreporting? Multipliers are 8 & 20. I was expecting more than that?

I've tried several i7 smbios files included with chameleon but they don't seem to make any difference apart from what is displayed in system report. 

When you install from a pkg file, it puts all the kexts in SLE. You should move all the installed kext to EE overwriting FakeSMC and re-run my myfix/full.

@ Jake - I don't se those kext's in the S\L\E\

@ctm474 - I'd be delighted to help. What hardware do you have in your 6430u? I can send you the Extra folder I used for install if you like?

I struggled at first but now I've managed to install 10.8 and 10.8.5 on my 6430u.  In short I disabled unnecessary stuff in BIOS. eSATA for example. The I installed using myHack but I had to replace a couple of kexts to get the mouse to work to get it to install and i also included the networking. (I will upload the EE folder later for you) Then I boot into safe mode and enable screen and file sharing so I can connect when the graphics enables. Then I used EDP to create a whole new Extra folder. Last I replaced the VoodooPS2, HDA and added the frame buffer kext to get the internal display to work. Using screen sharing is really useful as you can do stuff when the mouse keyboard are screen are not working. I will also upload my current working EE folder. I've not tried it recently but installing with the 'final' EE folder I found problematic. It was much easier to install with a very minimal EE folder and then slowly add stuff. Last of all it's a good idea to take a backup with SuperDuper before changing anything - that way if it goes wrong you can boot off your working clone and copy files back etc. 

Will upload the files later as I'm on 3G right now...

Thanks for all your help everyone... I'm loving my 6430u - just need wifi now.... :)

Actually I was able to get 10.8.5 running with everything working - my issue was I need to boot the USB with the -gux_defer_usb2 flag in order to get to the installer.  Though I quickly moved on to 10.9 to see if I could get that working :)

• Moderators

Actually I was able to get 10.8.5 running with everything working - my issue was I need to boot the USB with the -gux_defer_usb2 flag in order to get to the installer.  Though I quickly moved on to 10.9 to see if I could get that working :)

You're probably installing from USB3 port and not USB2 port. And yes, you need that switch if you're using Zenith432's GenericUSBXHCI kext.

On the 6430u - all three USB ports are 3.0.  After a few attempts I have 10.9 running on it, smooth sailing so far.  Though I did spend an hour trying to figure out why the wireless wasn't working (Dell 1510), only to find out the external switch was off :(