Dell 6430u i7-3687U CPU @2.1Ghz

keltonturvey

maciasl doesnt work. it never opens, and when i try to but quit it locks up my system. 

I understand its in binary, any reason why the original file would not be in binary?

Either way, leaving it with the new file, or the old one doesn't make a difference on my machine. 

Any other ideas?

Thanks for all your help already.

• Moderators

Let's make sure you have the right version of FB. Which OS X are you running?

You could try removing the patched FB, run my fix quick.

Boot with flag DSDT=0 IntelCapriFB=4 -v

This allows to boot with vanilla FB for 1600x900. Let me know if you could QE/CI this way.

So I deleted your kext and ran my fix quick... And it now fails to boot with the flags you specified.

Fails/Stops with the the verbose output below:

Super IODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ship ID=0x300
Super IODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ship ID=0x300
Battery Installed TRUE*** [iOBluetoothHCIController][searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

4 was the magic number, and was the only one that worked period!

so what now, do i just incorporate this into the chameleon.boot.plist? do you generate a new kext?

also, in doing this, and maybe it has to do with the deletion of that kext... i no longer have working sound. the icon is greyed out, and i have no audio input or output devices to select from system preferences -> sound.

any ideas?

thanks for everything so far, this has been really helpful and insightful! 

You sir... are a minx!

that did the trick, everything seems to be working great. Thank you so much. 

I just have some final questions. 

If/when i need to reset up the pc, which ssdt do i use? the new one or old one?

Can i just replace the .aml files on the installation usb media? also removing the FB file as well?

Finally, once Yosemete is released, do you plan on updating the work you have done, so that the machines you have listed in your signature are updated?

Again, thank you so much for everything!!!

• Moderators

Use the new DSDT/SSDT file and leave out the FB. Not sure why it doesn't work for you.

As for Yosemite, it's not quite ready for prime time, but I already have it running basically with the same files. Mainly the DSDT/SSDT are most important and not need to be replace. I'll have a new guide for Yosemite once it's public.