Izoman

Even with external screen

Now i install 10.9.2 and update to 10.9.5 when log in Apple screen show same problem but after 2 seconds go to normal screen.

Thank you for your interesting.

I have another question system teke 2minutes for boot and sometimes lose sound and network connection.

Lose sound : shutdown laptop when you are on windows -> don't use reboot or fast startup or audio won't work on os x or Linux.

Network : which one ? Wireless or lan ?

About the long boot time try booting in verbose mode : you should be stuck for a long time on "IOAPIC xxxxx".

I'm working on it because I get this issue sometimes...

I don't understand when and what it occurs but I'm trying to get more info...

hi everyone,

to resolve the long boot time, I'd suggest to remove these kexts:

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

NVDAGF100Hal.kext

NVDAGK100Hal.kext

NVDANV50HalTesla.kext

NVDAResman.kext

NVDAResmanTesla.kext

NVDAStartup.kext

NVSMU.kext

cheers!

Hello to everybody.

Please help. I produse AppleHDA for my laptop n550lf with one jack, but I don`t have a sound from internal speaker, only external, also the same problem with VoodooHDA. Before I had OSX 10.9.2 and update to 10.9.5 averything working perfectly. After clean installation of the OSX 10.9.5 problem appear. May be somebody have same problem. Thank you in advance.

I don't think it's because the 10.9.5 update. I think you rebooted to windows. Reboot to windows, then right click on Windows button -> shutdown or log off -> shutdown.

This will "really" shutdown your computer, not put it in the "fast startup shutdown mode" of windows 8. Simply reboot or shudown using the charm bar when fast startup is activated don't work. 

This issue is not only seen with OS X. If you try to use Linux, you will have the same issue with the internal speaker only. I don't really understand this issue, try to ask Asus ;-)

I don't think it's because the 10.9.5 update. I think you rebooted to windows. Reboot to windows, then right click on Windows button -> shutdown or log off -> shutdown.

This will "really" shutdown your computer, not put it in the "fast startup shutdown mode" of windows 8. Simply reboot or shudown using the charm bar when fast startup is activated don't work. 

This issue is not only seen with OS X. If you try to use Linux, you will have the same issue with the internal speaker only. I don't really understand this issue, try to ask Asus ;-)

thank you for help

Anyone willing to help,

Fellow owner of an ASUS n550jv here, attempting to install Mavericks using clover.

Followed the guide on page 5 of this topic, and the most recent EFI files posted, I've managed to get clover installed on a usb disk with the mavericks base system installer on another.

Once in clover, I attempt to boot into the Mavericks installer disk.

I get fairly far in the process, but hang on the error:

AppleUSBHubPort: Port 6 of Hub at 0x1d1000000 about to terminate a busy device (Touchscreen) after waiting 10 seconds

This repeats every 10 seconds indefinitely. 

I've tried booting w/o cashes, in single user mode, unplugging all unnecessary  usb's, but to no avail.

As the error describes, this seems like an issue with clover trying to load my touchscreen. 

How do i disable this? would deleting the windows touchscreen driver do the trick? or is it something with my config.plist.

Any help would be appreciated.