Izoman

• Administrators

Touchscreen can be difficult. This might be resolved by a patch; could be done through DSDT or possibly Clover. Clearly a USB device but can't say more than that. Try and boot in safe mode to see if that makes any difference. You might then be able to take a DSDT extract + an IOReg extract.

The 1st important thing is to identify the exact hardware model of that touch screen (vendor id + device id).

First, Thanks for the help and the quick reply.

Second, bear with me, this is my first hackintosh so a lot of this is new to me. I've been reading up on a lot of information and guides and I'm slowly getting a grasp of the troubleshooting process.

Since I grabbed the whole EFI/CLOVER directory from another forum user with the same PC model as me, I imagine the DSDT has already been edited a fair amount. However, obviously there are differences between the source EFI and my system that I need to address.

Let me get this straight, I can update my system by placing the new DSDT file in this directory on my clover disk?

EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Leads me to my next question, how do I edit the DSDT and how do I decide which parts to edit that control USB?

• Administrators

To edit a DSDT, you must 1st identify the relevant section of the table that corresponds to your hardware. To do that, use IORegistryExplorer and look at the whole list of devices. Hopefully, you'll find some data or text that leads you to the touchscreen. Once you've done that, you'll be able to identify the DSDT section you may eventually modify.

Of course you would need to know what to modify and that's another story...

There are several ways to modify (i.e. patch) a DSDT: you can decompile the .aml file using Chameleon Wizard app, then use a standard text editor (such as TextEdit) to modify the .dsl source file. You can then recompile the .dsl file with Cham Wizard again. You may also use a tool such as DSDTEditor or MaciASL to modify the .aml file directly and recompile the table.

hi, i'm trying to install elcapitan on my asus n550jv-150H can anyone with the same pc give to me the working clover folder? thanks :)

CPU Intel Core i7 4170HQ 
8gb ram dd3 1600 
Hd 750gb

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 4GB gddr5 
Display 15.6 Full HD 1920x1080p