Can't get <class docf> "edptool.command" of <class cfol> "extra" of <class sdsk> of application "finder" error

Chris

All,

I'm still getting the infamous 'Can't get <class docf> "edptool.command" of <class cfol> "extra" of <class sdsk> of application "finder"' error when I try to run EDP 5.  I have learned from another thread here that this probably means that my ISP is blocking SVN connections.  Mr Freckles managed to use his cell phone connection to download.

I have tried my own cell phone connection and still get the error.

Earlier this week, I was in the US and tried the following wifi hotspots:

Barnes and Noble

3 McDonalds

2 Panera Bread

Washington-Dulles airport wifi

I'm now in Europe and tried:
Frankfurt airport wifi

2 McDonalds

2 other internet cafes

None of the above locations allowed EDP to work.  I got the same error every time.

I don't think calling some massive ISP is going to get me anywhere, so does anyone know if there's some level of configuration that I can do at the level of my 'box'?  Or does anyone have any idea of any public wifi in either France or Germany where EDP does actually work?

Thanks,

Chris

This isn't an ISP / internet problem ;-). It means that our 'helper' application can't find the location of the script; edptool.command.

Would you please download our EDP installer again and install EDP again. We have updated some things on SVN which need the new installer. If it still doesn't work with the new installer, please upload a screenshot of /Extra.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I got my 'information' about the ISP/SVN issue from this thread:

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2875-solved-error-on-d630-ml-install-with-edp5-cant-get-class-docf-etc/?hl=%2Bclass+%2Bdocf

Can't seem to get the screenshot to work (mouse is very jumpy in the 'pre-EDP' state), but the contents of Extra are:

Extensions\

RemovedExtensions\

Themes\

DSDT.aml

org.chameleon.Boot.plist

org.chameleon.Boot.plist.plist

smbios.plist 

No edptool.command.

EDIT: reinstalling EDP now....I'll post again once that's done

I'm not yet out of the woods, but at least I don't get the above error any more.  So we can close this thread.  To summarize, I uninstalled EDP (an older version apparently from about two weeks ago), reinstalled EDP and it did not work--same error.  I uninstalled (the new) EDP and redownloaded and reinstalled and it worked.

At the moment I've run EDP again because I think I stopped the process to early.  I got to Step 6 where there is a request for donations for myfix.  I thought it was done so I rebooted, but Chameleon wasn't installed and I needed to boot from USB.  Once in the system, it didn't seem like everything was working properly.  So now I've rerun EDP again, it's at Step 6 and appears to have stopped, but I'll let it run and see what happens. 

Is it absolutely clear when the EDP process is complete, does the machine reboot?

Thanks iMick, for your help.

Chris

Just to follow up on this thread for anyone else out there getting this error.  I've now installed, removed and reinstalled various versions of OSX (10.8.4 and 10.9) on my D630 and for some reason, I get this error every time I run EDP for the first time.  If I remove EDP and reinstall, it works.

Also to answer my own question about EDP above, it does appear that the end of the EDP process is the donation request...the machine does not reboot, the page does seem to refresh, but there's no clear indication that the EDP has completed, but when I cancel out of EDP and reboot I do have a working system.

Just to follow up on this thread for anyone else out there getting this error.  I've now installed, removed and reinstalled various versions of OSX (10.8.4 and 10.9) on my D630 and for some reason, I get this error every time I run EDP for the first time.  If I remove EDP and reinstall, it works.

Also to answer my own question about EDP above, it does appear that the end of the EDP process is the donation request...the machine does not reboot, the page does seem to refresh, but there's no clear indication that the EDP has completed, but when I cancel out of EDP and reboot I do have a working system.

Sorry for the trouble with EDP, as we are doing some changes right now to EDP in order to better support new Models we  have. So, it will be completed in two days and then you will not face any problems.