1.9 problems

lilfarlee

I have a d630 with nvida using SL 10.6.7....on package 1.8 everything ran perfectly. Wasn't hot or anything....only thing that didn't work was coolbook. Also was a dual boot with windows7 on the same hardrive.....I just installed 1.9 and I am having problem after problem after problem....the new speedstep program seems to slow me down. My trackpad and keyboard no longer are working. Doesn't see my wifi card anymore. It worked before. Also I tried to boot into windows and it is telling me i need to reinstall windows. What the hell happened??? I thought 1.9 was going to be king? I should have just left everything the way it was....ugh took me so long to get it all perfect. And now I'm back to punching and kicking myself .....help

update.....i reloaded 1.8 and all went to normal...sleep works, keyboard and trackpad back inaction, wifi back, so i tried installing 1.9 and doing a new build.....i am back to no keyboard/trackpad, seems slower again, sleep doesnt work again......is it me? am i doing something wrong in 1.9, should i just stick with 1.8? i kinda wanted to have the speedstep working tho.........any help would be great..

also....

as for windows i am getting error 0xc00000e says i need to put my disk in and repair....any idea as to what happened?? if i go back to the old bootloader will that fix it or should i get my disk and try to repair....also if i do repair am i going to loose bootloader?

I am afraid I cannot help you with your 1.9 issues. It is working for me, but I am not using the speedstep (slowed my computer down and was just twitchy) and I am not use the sleepenabler or nullcpupower because they cause kernel panics when booting my 10.6.8 partition. Had no problems with keyboard or trackpad though, they both work. As does my wifi, but I rebranded my broadcom card.

In regards to your dual boot issues, I had the same problem (I triple-boot OSX, Seven, and Ubuntu). I would suggest you follow the directions below to repair your windows, I am assuming that you are running a GPT partition table.

Boot with the Win 7 DVD to fix the Windows boot. Start the command line by starting Windows “repairâ€. The command line can also be invoked with Shift-Fn-F10.

“Diskpart.exeâ€

“select disk 0â€, i.e. the HDD.

“Select partition 3â€

“activeâ€

“exitâ€

I closed the command line window and continued “Repair†the Windows installation. I rebooted and Windows started normally.

Reboot the Win 7 DVD media again to fix the chameleon boot. Invoke the command line by starting Windows “Repairâ€. The command line can also be started with Shift-Fn-F10. You can also do this part from within Windows and not have to reboot to the installation DVD by using the "Run" command and typing "cmd".

“Diskpart.exeâ€

“select disk 0â€, i.e. the HDD.

“select partition 2â€, i.e. the “Cider†partition set aside for OSX.

“activeâ€

“quitâ€

Afterwards the chameleon menu re-appeared and offered Windows 7, Ubuntu and OSX. I verified that each OS booted normally from chameleon. Booting Ubuntu started Grub. Grub also offered all 3 OS's.

When building my machine I followed these instructions and they worked perfectly. The only thing I did in addition was to add another partition for all of my data that is available to all OSes.

• Administrators

you would have to repair windows then re install chameleon so make sure you have something setup with chameleon to boot with like a thumbdrive or a boot cd. you can make one using lizard app with your 1.8 setup as an emergency boot disc. as for the other issues try adding Pciroot=1 to org.chameleon.boot.plist

the speedstep is really bogging the computer down ...or so it seems....i never really had a temp problem so is there a way to simply delete it or do i need to do a new setup again.......

i fixed my problem with sleep....what i did was since i am using the speedstep program offered in 1.9 i didnt say Y to the other option of keeping computer cool....forget what it was called i usually on 1.8 say yes but this time said no and she falls into a deep sleep now, ...just wondering if there was a way to configure the speedstep......i dont quite understand do i just install it and leave it go?? ... to be honest the only lag i see is with my dock...it used to flow very nice but now it is laggy and as larry said very twitchy..my fear is i will se same effect when using final cut or protools as i do a lot of audio and video editing.....so far its been flawless but i havent used it yet with the speedstep....temps around 47C-57C with new speedstep

these temps are great as compared to the old way without coolbook or saying Y in 1.8 to keep PC cool were arond 60C-as high as 79/80C....would burn my legs up!! so for step one id say GREAT JOB GUYS! with 1.9 is it safe now to update to 10.6.8 or should i just stay where i am at untill D630 is ready for lion