10.9.1 Post install issue on E6530 i5 - HD4000

van_axl

• Moderators

I installed Chameleon, this solved the "partition table" issue, but not my boot. It is still the same. I have realized that I have newer bios version (A14) than in the guide, may this  cause the problem ?

Did you try the fix above by adding the P an C states?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the chameleon options, Generate/enable P & C states were checked, and Drop SSDT=Yes was unchecked.

The only setting I changed during Chameleon installation was the "Intel CAPRI AAPL, kg-platform-id" from value 01660003 to 01660009 (which looks like my HD4000 ID, if I'm correct).

Do I set chameleon right ?

• Moderators

In the chameleon options, Generate/enable P & C states were checked, and Drop SSDT=Yes was unchecked.

The only setting I changed during Chameleon installation was the "Intel CAPRI AAPL, kg-platform-id" from value 01660003 to 01660009 (which looks like my HD4000 ID, if I'm correct).

Do I set chameleon right ?

No, use  01660003. If that still doesn't work, replace FakeSMC with version 4.

So here what I did :

I re format my HDD to start from scratch.

I install mac 10.9.1 & apply the Extra from the guide ( + patched Capri kext, - SSDTs files) to my HDD, et the end of the installation.

Then when booting, it was the same. So I booted in safe mode, then apply chameleon with enable/generate C & P states and drop SSDT:Yes disabled  = same.

So I've downloaded and apply while in safe mode  this FakeSMC package  in version 4.3.25, in the boot is still not working, and I have some more SMC error (see attached picture).

To be sure that it was not coming from my laptop, I did remove the hdd from this one, and put it on another same e6530 (but with bios A12) = same ! 

Do you have any other advices ?

Thanks.

Nicolas

post-51860-0-91711300-1391164286_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

So here what I did :

I re format my HDD to start from scratch.

I install mac 10.9.1 & apply the Extra from the guide ( + patched Capri kext, - SSDTs files) to my HDD, et the end of the installation.

Then when booting, it was the same. So I booted in safe mode, then apply chameleon with enable/generate C & P states and drop SSDT:Yes disabled  = same.

So I've downloaded and apply while in safe mode  this FakeSMC package  in version 4.3.25, in the boot is still not working, and I have some more SMC error (see attached picture).

To be sure that it was not coming from my laptop, I did remove the hdd from this one, and put it on another same e6530 (but with bios A12) = same ! 

Do you have any other advices ?

Thanks.

Nicolas

Sorry, I mean version 4.0 which does not have CPUsensor, LPCsensor...

Here, use this one. FakeSMC.kext.zip

Replace it in E/E

MyHack won't run in SafeMode, so launch the terminal

run myfix -t / -q, enter your password, select yes when prompt

reboot with -v and post your result

I tried your new DSDT, in /E , I also tried to boot with option DSDT=Null. It gives same result, no difference.

I 'm creating a new USB stick with 10.8, then I'll try this version, in order to compare.

Edited by van_axl

ok so now, black screen when booting my 10.8 installation disk, i may need a patch Carpi too in /E/E of my USB. Let s try the 10.9 one.

Ok finally I followed the same steps, and here it works (not my touch pad, but that a different story).

I'll give 10.8 a try (set sound, bcm wifi , ...) , I'll try later 10.9 again (on another hard drive, dont want to destroy a working install).

If someone find any suggestion why 10.9 was not working, feel free ...

Edited by van_axl