Mavericks on D630 crash after language selection

Lanfox

Hi, all.

took a while for delivery. I got this: ATHEROS AR9380 AR9388 AR5BXB112 DUAL BAND MINI PCI EXPRESS WiFi WLAN CARD - W024

Didn't see the previous post until after I had ordered it from the compatibility list.

Now what kexts do i need and how do i configure it? please...

Hmm, had to wait until I was in the mood to play. so, I have h`w installed the Wifi card. But in the network diagnostics the WiFi radial button is greyed out.

In the networks screen it does not show a WiFi adaptor.

In system information under WiFi i get:

Software Versions:

CoreWLAN: 4.3.2 (432.47)

CoreWLANKit: 3.3.2 (332.36)

Menu Extra: 9.3.2 (932.35)

System Information: 9.0 (900.8)

IO80211 Family: 6.3 (630.35)

Diagnostics: 3.0 (300.40)

AirPort Utility: 6.3.2 (632.3)

Any advice please? I have a Virgin media SuperHUB i am trying to attach too.

Cool, but i only get options to create a firewire, ethernet, vpn, PPPoE or 6 to 4...??

just gonna reseat the card.. hope it's not duff... might get same as yours, their cheap enough.

thought i'd check, the new card I got went in the same socket as the old intel, by the hinges and i fit the black, grey, whitie wires in that order from the hinge.

CH0 - White

CH1 - Grey

CH2 - Black

is this correct or shoult the wires be different or even should the card be in the other socket by the mic\earphone inputs?

this socket only has two wires a white\grey and a black\grey.. which CH would these be?

thanks for any further help.

• Administrators

The wireless card normally goes in the WLAN socket, but I guess it would work just the same in WWAN socket.

Cards normally have little colored stickers/indicators for antenna cables; but, even if you got that wrong, that would not stop the card being detected. If it's properly inserted and wifi is enabled in BIOS, you may have a duff card indeed.