OS x can't be installed on this computer. Error

comi1

Hi All,

I am new to Mac and this forum. Did a lots of reading and found helpful info. Now I am stuck. Please advise.

This is my hardware Dell d630, bios a18,  3gb ram, 120gb ssd,  NVS 135, LCD 1440x900. Intel wireless removed.

Bios is configured per guide in this forum.

Mac os DVD 10.6.1. Fresh install on on Mac. no updates installed.

Installed  myhack 3.2 and got  the panic mode.

Searched in the forum that found that the is bug in 3.2.

Downloaded myhack 3.1 and Extra folder for Dell 620 Nvidia card. Run  3.1 and then added extra folder.

Boot from usb , run command -x -v     Mac os background loads ok, then after language selection I get this error.

"Mac Os x cant be installed on this computer.

Need some experts advice

• Administrators

Mac OS X 10.6.1 DVD is not a Retail version and that's what you need; only 3 retail versions exist: 10.6, 10.6.3 and 10.6.8. You will not succeed with your current DVD I'm afraid... Only the Retail DVDs have all the necessary installation files required for Hackintoshes; DVDs delivered with real Macs won't do.

Mac OS X 10.6.1 DVD is not a Retail version and that's what you need; only 3 retail versions exist: 10.6, 10.6.3 and 10.6.8. You will not succeed with your current DVD I'm afraid... Only the Retail DVDs have all the necessary installation files required for Hackintoshes; DVDs delivered with real Macs won't do.

Thanks Hervé, I missed that.

• Administrators

Do not confuse SL versions supported by your laptop (and all are supported) and the retail copies you can use to create your installer. The guide is very clear on this matter of requirements:

Requirements.jpg

DVDs provided with Macs are recovery versions only, not retail. With all due respect, newbies are newbies but are nevertheless expected to do a minimum of research, not rely on spoonfeeding, which tends to be the norm far too often these days unfortunately. 'ever thought of googling or searching the forum for "retail Snow Leopard", "OS X retail DVD" or "Snow Leopard retail versions"?

-> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X_v10.6

SL_versions.jpg

And for 10.6.8, of course: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/5561-buying-older-mac-os-x-versions/