Mavericks on Dell Precision 390 with Xeon X3230 Radeon 7850

atriad

The system:

Dell Precision Workstation 390. Intel Xeon x3230 CPU. 4GB OCZ RAM, ASUS Radeon 7850 PCIe.

I've prepared MyHack 3.3 on a 16GB Flash Drive. Boot up from USB. Checked BIOS Settings. Get past language selection, barely.

I then get a message stating: The OS X Installation couldn't be completed.

And I have a log of the install.

I've checked my BIOS per the MyHack 3.3 instructions. Only pertinent option was the SATA/RAID controller set to AHCI.

I've looked for several keywords none of which brought me relevant information. Maybe someone, somewhere has a machine like this they've setup for MacOS before?

Thanks,

Paul 

Thank you Bronxteck.

I re-created the installation media (USB Flash Drive) using a freshly downloaded installesd.dmg. I also selected GUID partitioning. The installation completed pretty quickly. The system thinks it's a Mac Pro (I'm assuming because of the Xeon CPU). But my rear USB Ports don't see to work. And it doesn't seem to see the Radeon 7850 Card. 

I think I might finally have to learn how to create a DSDT

Thank you Bronxteck.

I re-created the installation media (USB Flash Drive) using a freshly downloaded installesd.dmg. I also selected GUID partitioning. The installation completed pretty quickly. The system thinks it's a Mac Pro (I'm assuming because of the Xeon CPU). But my rear USB Ports don't see to work. And it doesn't seem to see the Radeon 7850 Card. 

I think I might finally have to learn how to create a DSDT

Only delete AppleHPET.kext from /S/L/E and run MyHack -> MyFix -> Fast and reboot. Now the USB goes fine!