Retail Apple 10.7 USB -> install w/o a Mac, possible?

osxuser

I was able to get it installed and get into the installed mac os and I am at the stage of updating using the 10.6.8 combo update, applying myhack with edp package etc but I was a little slow and the machine went to sleep (black screen and nothing responds) so I force shut down using the power key and when I try to restart it says "you need to restart your computer Hold down the power buttton...".

It's stuck on this screen whenever I try to start and when I use boot -v -x option it scolls too fast for me to see what it says so no extra info but from what I gather I need a new Chameleon boot loader (mine says Darwin /x86 boot v5.0.132 - chameleon v2.0.-RC5 r726.  Am I correct?  If so, how can I get back to a working install without installing from scractch all over again (I've already installed it twice already bec of this problem thinking it was my error).

• Administrators

Mm, if you force restarted the D630 after installing EDP but before doing the build, it's going to be complicated. Start again from scratch, but this time, create 2 partitions on your HDD: a 1st one that you will call "SL_final" of say 20Go to 50Go + a 2nd one that you will call ModCD (both formatted OS X Journaled on GUID partitioned HDD). Install SL with ModCD on that "ModCD" partition and once you're back in business, get back to me by PM.

After reading this forum I was intrigued and I thought since I have the standard D630 this would take a couple hours at most not a multi-day ordeal w/ myriad of endless pitfalls...but that's computer work for you!

I reinstalled windows on my notebook and will leave this for now but I get a sense of what it's all about and even with the guides it involves lots of work figuring things out.  I can't even image my drive w/ disk wizard and I'm sure there's lots to figure out wrt dual booting w/ windows etc etc etc....anyone want to buy a barely used genuine OSX 10.7 USB and a 10.6.3  DVD, lol?

Thx for your help.