D620 / 945GM ML Install (No Ethernet)

lillyg

Sorry, I don't think my last post was very clear.

I did the MLPF patch after the ML 10.8.5 upgrade (I just rebooted after the 10.8.5 update even though the instructions say "Do not reboot"). 

Everything seems to be working fine.

I have full graphics, wifi, Ethernet, Sound... all is good.

G

• Administrators

It usually is a good idea to follow instructions but human nature is... human  :roll:. A different D620 would have left you with an unbootable system but never mind, bottom line is you have ML 10.8.5 working on your D620.

I hear ya. It wasn't that I intentionally didn't follow the instructions, I started by following the Phase 1 / Phase 2 instructions for ML on D620. Phase 1 step 7 says to reboot after the 10.8.3 combo update. I had already done that part when I saw the divergent path for the D430 10.8.5 Phase 1 / Phase 2 instructions which say "Do not restart upon completion' in Phase 1 - 1... so I had already done it per Phase 1 in the main D620 ML instructions.

Maybe add a line to the top of the ML D620 instructions that say... "If you are installing 10.8.4 or 10.8.5, be sure to read additional instructions below before proceeding" or something like that.

But, as you said. The main thing is... it's working. Thanks to the hard work you and all the others have done to put together this site.

I have a Vostro 200 I will be looking to install MV on. Hope that goes well also.

Best regards,

G