Realtek ALC888 - Simply Getting Audio To Work

LightWarrior

in the meantime, I'm going to give voodooHDA a shot...

What threw me off with voodoohda was that in addition to the voodoohda.kext there is also a VoodooHDA.prefPane, VoodooHdaSettingsLoader.app and perhaps some other files...

what do I do with extra files?

So to recap is all I need to do?:

1. Install voodooHDA.kext and applehdadisabler.kext to extra/extensions...

2. then run myfix and reboot?

3. Potentially edit a .plist if i get funky sound...

is that it?

Is there a specific source you would recommend to download voodooHDA and applehdadisabler.kext?

there is a lot of conflicting info out there so I want to weed out any confusion.

Thanks!

• Administrators

That's it for the installation, assuming you have a myHack build...

Download sections of this very site or Hackintoshosx.com are usually good places and, of course, the VoodooHDA repository on sourceforge. But it doesn't matter where you get Voodoo audio kext from, what matters is that you get and test different versions.

K, progress is being made...

I just chose a random VoodooHDA from searching Hackintoshosx.com 

it's 2.8.0... here is the source: http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/144-for-alc888-voodoohdaa2-8-0/

Says its for ALC888, curious are there a bunch of hacked versions of Voodoohda out there for specific hardware? is this not an official voodoohda? I think I'm about to try one from sourcefourge...

here is the status: 

1. Installed Voodoohda.kext and applehdadisabler.kext into extra/extensions

2. Ran MyFix with MyHack ( yes this as MyHack install of OSX)

3. Reboot

System Info now displays this under audio:

ScreenShot2014-08-21at61647PM_zps60fac87

But still no output from the line out, I tested with a speakers and headphones.

The interesting thing that also is happening is that whhn I play Video or audio files, its unable to play them... with youtube videos they start to play (with no sound) but the video hiccups immediately and is unable to play it.

The files on the hard disk wont play at all, Not soundwise, but not one bit, the file just sits at 0:00

This thing here appeared in the taskbar, but you cannot turn the dial up or down with the mouse pointer.

ScreenShot2014-08-21at62526PM_zps933d8c3

Here is an example of the audio files not playing in Quicktime or Itunes in addition to the frozen youtube video.

ScreenShot2014-08-21at61521PM_zps15a1454

Now that I installed Applehdadisabler.kext

I assume the next step is just continue installing/running myfix/reboot a bunch of different versions of voodoohda.kext until one works.

any thoughts?

Sweet! I got it to work!! yay!!! finally after literally months of trying in my spare time...

THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!

I LOVE THIS FORUM!

-----------------------------------

Download VoodooHDA_V286_MAV.pkg.zip

Thats the one that worked for me :)

I've tested the outputs and inputs... green front and back output work... but only the pink (microphone in) on the front works... the back does not... any thoughts on a fix for that?

So now that I have ethernet, video, and audio working...