D430: Battery shows 20:00 when plugged in (works correctly when uplugged)

gpetrowich

So I'm running a hack on my Latitude D430. Just finished the speed step updates (thank you Herve) and my battery shows (20:00) when it's plugged in. If I unplug it, it shows correct time remaining.

Looks like I'm using the AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext.

Has anybody else experienced this and is there a better battery kext to use?

Thanks

Thanks Herve,

Do you know when the "definative" D430 Extra Pack will be posted again somewhere? I see the web EDP app, but it confuses me a bit that there are so many options for the D430. Seems to me the hardware is all the same (or nearly all the same except for the wifi) and that there would be one "bullet-proof" extra folder that includes everything plus the speed stepping?

Or is that wishful thinking on my part? I got the speed step working, but then my bootloader stopped, and when I installed the new Chameleon the whole thing stopped booting. So I had to go back to my old boot loader and my old restore point with Old Extras. The web EDP doesn't seem to work as well for me as MyHack. I'm sure i'm doing something wrong, but the "perfect" edp pack and MyHack seems to be the best ticket for the D430.

• Administrators

There's no wishful thinking. There's a substantial piece of EDP re-engineering going on and several versions of the same kext to take into account sometimes. There are bugs and probably some database mistakes. Such is life... it's a hobby and, sometimes, people have less spare time...