HP Pavilion Elite E9270t Desktop PC OSX 10.10 to 10.10.5 [SOLVED]

fallen00sniper

Well I tried 10.9 a few times and it wouldn't reach the installer, it constantly complained it couldn't find the kernel so I downloaded unifail and 10.10 installed completely vanilla, it takes 4 minutes to boot, so there are clearly things that need fixed.

Not sure what needs done just yet, but I installed over a week ago and have been busy.

the video seems ok so far, definitely need a kext for it.

My wireless card prevents me booting again since it has a weak signal and needs to be set to tkip for it work at 75 feet, so... I'm probably going to reinstall with 10.8 and myhack if i can get it past the error i had with 10.9 if it has it at all.

Or maybe just pop my 10.6 disk in and have a go, would updating directly from 10.6 to 10.9 be a painful mistake?

can an admin please change the topic title to:

HP Pavilion Elite e9270t Desktop PC OSX 10.10 [sOLVED]

after taking a break from installing, inspiration struck and i have successfully installed 10.10 and finally finally finally! have qe/ci!

i have a few kexts from the my hack extra folder and updated fakesmc and nullcpupowermanagment to the latest i could find with google.

I am currently still using unifail to boot since my hack development is still on hold, but i'm probably going to use clover if chameleon hasn't been updated.

other than that, i found the kext files needed for my video card, they are stock with edits for my card, when i tried to do the edits, OS X failed to boot in the past.

i have become pretty good at removing my failures and recovering now, thanks to many posts on the web and here.

if there are no objections by the admins, i would like to submit in a zip file the kexts i am currently using and hope fully get this hp in the database for edp and possibly if someone would like to help finalize this system, i am going to try my hand at editing the dsdt and as far as i can tell, i do not need an smbios, my cpu and ram show properly in about this mac, however i have only seen 2 cpu threads in the activity monitor.

so far this is running smooth as butter, some hiccups with cmos, but i'm sure i will find what i need to iron out the details throughout the week.

currently trying a hdmi kext i found on youtube that is supposed to fix the audio for several cards.

the hdmi kext failed to do any good, guess i'll have to keep looking for a solution, maybe voodoo has one that will work.

thanks.

i've gotten the system to boot on its own finally! lol

i've also lost reboot ability, possibly due to a kext that was installed.

seems to be fixed.

using chameleon wizard 4.4.1 and chameleon v2.3svn r2538 and several bootflags, some of which may be overkill, i'll post the org.chameleon.Boot.plist in a code box.

now i'm going to try to get help with patching the dsdt from EMlyDinEsH or try to do the edits myself if i can figure it out.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EnableHDMIAudio</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1080x32</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000</string>
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
	<key>SystemType</key>
	<string>1</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>busratio</key>
	<string>20</string>
</dict>
</plist>

so just a little update, i've pretty much forgotten exactly what kexts i used to get this up and running since i went through a lot of work the first few weeks and had to fight with things not working or the system getting a kernel panic when i tried a kext, since then i have switched to clover and everything still works great, even have iMessages working now, so that is a bonus.

i'm still stuck without hdmi audio, but not a deal breaker even though i would like to have that working, still not even sure if i need to patch a dsdt to get that going, but with the little help i have gotten here in this process and the help herve and a few others gave me times before (thank you, especially herve), i've got a decent system going.

boot time is about 1.5 minutes or less, so thats improving and i've managed to get grub2 to list and boot not only linux and windows, but now mac also.

i know people have been reading this, so if anyone has input on how to get a proper dsdt, hdmi audio for ati cards, and most importantly now the boot time improved further, please say something... feel like i'm talking to a wall or myself here mostly.

updated to 10.10.5

can an admin change the topic to reflect?

no issues, repaired permissions from command line first

updated

updated evoreboot, fakesmc,3rd party sata, voodoo hda, and nullcpupowermanagement kexts to the latest (possibly overkill)

manually updated amd4600controller and atiradeonx2000 kexts to add my video card

hadn't remembered to update the realtek ethernet kext, a simple google for the model should bring up the proper kext.

i would still like to get this system into edp, i remembered the kexts i used to install after i updated and looked at the install list which are listed above and can provide my custom edited kext for the radeon 4650 hd (desktop) and once a dsdt is made (if even needed, still not sure on this).