D830 10.9.5 boot issue

luke9511

Hey everyone I have a dell latitude d830 with the following specs

Model:Dell Latitude D830

CPU:I believe it to be a T7800 but I am using cup-x 2.60ghz

Video:nvidia quadro 140m I think 256mb

Ram:4gig

Hdd:128gb ssd

Everything was working ok at first but I needed to do the preformance tuning so I installed fake smc from edp and whatever the other one is called from chameleon wizard and I may have chose the wrong one cause now when I boot I get a black screen and have to shut it down to get it to work sometimes a couple of times.

I also noticed since I did this that the cpu does not show change of speed in about Mac like it did before and if it were to go to sleep or turn off the screen or hdd I can't bring it back p without shutting the whole thing down,

Other than those issues everything is running great I just need to fix those any help would be great

• Administrators

Use the attached pack. The kext goes to /Extra/Extensions, the plist files to /Extra and the HWMonitor app to /Applications. Run myFix (quick) to install the kext. You may adjust the GraphicsMode of the boot plist to your own LCD resolution if you want.

D830n_tuning.zip

Also ensure that IDA is not enabled in BIOS (necessary if running on a Merom CPU, which the T7800 is).

In terms of kexts in /E/E, all you really should have is:

• AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
  • AppleHDADisabler.kext
  • ApplePS2Controller.kext
  • BCM5722D.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext
  • VoodooBattery.kext
  • VoodooHDA.kext
  • lspcidrv.kext
  • Like 1

Use the attached pack. The kext goes to /Extra/Extensions, the plist files to /Extra and the HWMonitor app to /Applications. Run myFix (quick) to install the kext. You may adjust the GraphicsMode of the boot plist to your own LCD resolution if you want.

D830n_tuning.zip

Also ensure that IDA is not enabled in BIOS (necessary if running on a Merom CPU, which the T7800 is).

In terms of kexts in /E/E, all you really should have is:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

AppleHDADisabler.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

BCM5722D.kext

FakeSMC.kext

Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext

VoodooBattery.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

lspcidrv.kext

Ok did that and now I get the followingpost-65401-14227481557142.jpg

Which version of Chameleon do you currently use? Please post your compressed /Extra folder.

i cannot currently boot in normal mode or safe mode and only have access to usb with terminal as for chameleon its whatever gets installed which is svn 2266 or something like that

• Administrators

If you can boot the USB installer and access Terminal, you can still make a copy of your HDD's /Extra to your USB key.

From Terminal, use df command to obtain the name of the HDD Mavericks partition, then use command cp -R /Volumes//Extra /Extra_BAK. You may need to add sudo in front of the cp command. You'll then have a folder called Extra_BAK at the root of your USB installer. Zip it and post it here.

If you can boot the USB installer and access Terminal, you can still make a copy of your HDD's /Extra to your USB key.

From Terminal, use df command to obtain the name of the HDD Mavericks partition, then use command cp -R /Volumes//Extra /Extra_BAK. You may need to add sudo in front of the cp command. You'll then have a folder called Extra_BAK at the root of your USB installer. Zip it and post it here.

when i try to use sudo it says no command and when i try to copy it acts like there are no files to copy

Edit here's a couple of screenshots

IMG_05011.jpg

IMG_05021.jpg