E7250 and El Capitan

m1nkeh

Install it to your USB Installer, not your MBP.

LOL, I thought it was a .app and it needed to be install on my MBP and then go from there. I installed it and pointed it to my USB drive that had the old version and 10.11 already on it.

Ok, updated Clover. Got the following error(s) when I selected boot without caches

http://i.imgur.com/NV3zsj8.jpg

Missing FakeSMC in Clover Kexts folder

hmm.. are you sure? He says that FakeSMC is in his 10.11 folder here -> https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7844-e7250/page-11&do=findComment&comment=54030

@dstrukt, i notice you've got the i5 CPU, same as me (is yours touchscreen?). I also had this error, but can't recall off hand how i fixed it... i do remember have to step through the config.plist line by line to see what the offending line was though

I post about it here -> https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7844-e7250/page-8&do=findComment&comment=52008

This is probably down to Jake having an i7 machine and thinking about it a bit more i might have stopped using a DSDT completely because I've not been doing this long enough to dump and patch my own DSDT... Of course, this could be a complete red herring though, looks like this is something i need to double-check ;)

• Moderators

I helped him remotely. Somehow when he updated Clover from 3270 to 3280, fakeSMC got removed. I also did some changes on his Config to add FixRegions and NewWay. Perhaps both were the causes. He was able to complete the install after.

oh right, cool.

can either of you humour me and let me see the latest config.plist (and DSDT) that you ended up with in a new download so that i can compare with my own now that you've cast your expert eye over it Jake?

Ty,

I still have my USB drive with all of Jake's mods. However, I don't know how to mount the EFI from the USB drive. 

Once I know how to, I can upload the config.plist and DSDT

I still have my USB drive with all of Jake's mods. However, I don't know how to mount the EFI from the USB drive. 

Once I know how to, I can upload the config.plist and DSDT

well, you've got a couple of options:

1) insert the usb into a windows machine, and you'll see the EFI partition by default

2) run "defaults write com.apple.DiskUtility DUDebugMenuEnabled 1" in ther terminal (with diskutil closed) then launch diskutil and select show all partitions from on of the menus (i forget which), then just right click your EFI partition, and click "mount"

3) run clover configurator, and in the interface choose "mount EFI" - not 100% on this one though 

Personally #2 is my preferred option

Good luck!

Or option number 4, which I personally prefer:

Launch Utilities->Terminal application (unless You have Terminal app in the dock, as I do :-)) and type: diskutil mount EFI.

Then the EFI disk icon should appear on the desktop and in Finder.