D630/nvidia SL failure w/ 1.9.1.. near giving up...

Limeycars

You cannot buy Lion from apple store.I was there a couple of hours ago and was told either bring my laptop in to their store and download off the store's wifi (I am sure they would not appreciate me bringing in a hackintosh),or order a usb stick from apple online store. So looks like no Lion for a while....

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

well is it an image or a genuine mac usb if it's mac then try my hack but you still will need another drive to output the new "installer" then install Chameleon to it and edp boot pack after install then install edp to your new lion and build for your machine.

Update:

I used MyHack to install Lion, using the Extra folder supplied in the Supported Models wiki page. I now have a D630 that will boot to Lion on internal drive, but I do not have full functionality.

Wireless working, video working. NO KB, sound, trackpad, sleep, etc. Using external KB and mouse.

Do I try running EDP on top of this or do I try Simeon's folder? Can you link me to where Simoen's Extra folder is?

Already, even not fully functional, Lion is more stable than SL. Thanks for the nudge to try it! :-)