Latitude D620 Success, 90% there

Andy

yes it uses extra folder but once up and running you have to build edp for your d620 so it can grab some audio kexts from s/l/e... i have that model and it works.

So what do I have to do to get the sound working for now? Please guide me as I am a newbie with zero MAC experience.

Thanks again.

install edp to the mac partition when it finishes go to /Extra folder and run edptool.command it should prompt for your password then do option 1 and build for d620-intel

Ok, I ran EDP and installed it in Snow Leopard partition. When it finishes, it opens a terminal where I see the 1-4 choices. No where to type any command. So I close it.

Then I moved the Extra to Documents. Open a terminal, type CD Extra, then type ls to see the contents. I see two files and Themes folder there. From here I type the edptool.cmmand , and it says command not found. Do not know what to do now.

Thank you for your patience here as I understand these are simple/basic knowledge that I do not have.

make sure that terminal is not running before executing the command edptool

I tried running the edptool by typing edptool.command or just edptool from the Extra folder, or inside the Document folder. Always saying command not found.

One question, when I run EDP and it is installed, it always open a terminal window. After closing this terminal, I can not locate the EDP in the Applications or Utilities. During install, it only gives me a choice to select " Snow Leopard" . Should I be able to see EDP somewhere?

Is there another way to run the EDP and link it to Extra? I am going to try installing it to the USB drive where I have the Extra folder and see what happens.

Thanks.

I tried running the edptool by typing edptool.command or just edptool from the Extra folder, or inside the Document folder. Always saying command not found.

One question, when I run EDP and it is installed, it always open a terminal window. After closing this terminal, I can not locate the EDP in the Applications or Utilities. During install, it only gives me a choice to select " Snow Leopard" . Should I be able to see EDP somewhere?

Is there another way to run the EDP and link it to Extra? I am going to try installing it to the USB drive where I have the Extra folder and see what happens.

Thanks.

Finally sound is working, by running EDP and installing it in the same USB drive where the Extra folder was.

Thanks for your guidance.